#1 - PlusP
Broken Paddle Shifter - G25
I have my G25 mounted to a Bob Earl race seat. I was trying to carry it downstairs but lost my footing. (It was kinda heavy and very awkward to lug downstairs while protecting the cords.) The LEFT PADDLE SHIFTER took the brunt of the impact.

The switch in the paddle still works because I can still downshift, but it won't return automatically. I have to keep a finger behind it and push it forward each time I downshift & it is getting to be very annoying.

The left paddle is not loose and it's just as stiff as the right side.

I don't imagine there is a return spring. Does the switch cause the paddle to rebound/return?

I got my wheel back in 2007 or so. Minus the broken paddle, it still works just as good as when it was brand new. I'm not shy about cracking it open but I figured I ought to check with people who are more knowledgeable than myself.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
There is no spring inside to push the paddle back. Both paddles are actually just one metal piece that you bend when shifting and will straighten itself out when you release the paddle. My guess is the left side got bent on the impact, so it's actually pushing against the button but not hard enough to overcome the initial pressing resistance by itself. If you have no qualms about disassembling that part, it should be a pretty straightforward mechanical problem to fix.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG