The online racing simulator
new computer moniter issues (easy to fix)
sorry if this is not the exact right place, but it is here now

but i am having a problem getting my lcd tv to display as a moniter (19 inch)
this is my tv

it only works at all when i shut it off and turn it back on after it sleeps, but even then it flickers every few seconds, no matter what resolution. it is connected vga to vga and it worked fine with my 2003 gateway.

i tried all of my resources from dell to sylvania to my friend (the dell dude was an @5$) and all were un-successful, but my friend recomended going strait to hdmi

this is my pc
I dont know exactly, but im not sure that x64 is supported on lfs. I may be wrong tho. Try to run it in compability mode, x64 editions should have option to run it in 32bit mode.
Shouldn't matter, 32bit programs run in 32bit automaticly.
He didn't even metion LFS?
The correct place to post it would have been here since it's not directly an LFS technical isssue.

No problem anyways, if you change monitOrs always reboot the PC with the monitor turned on and plugged into the PC, then the graphics card can detect new resolutions available.

You posted your PC specs, but no mention of the LCD brand/model.
Quote from JasonJ :He didn't even metion LFS?
The correct place to post it would have been here since it's not directly an LFS technical isssue.

No problem anyways, if you change monitOrs always reboot the PC with the monitor turned on and plugged into the PC, then the graphics card can detect new resolutions available.

You posted your PC specs, but no mention of the LCD brand/model.

oops my bad http://www.sylvaniaconsumerele ... lcd/LC195SL9/feature.html
anything more on that, because it is still doing the fliker thing

either way i will probably just get a hdmi cable, but i want atleast a temporary fix
Maybe the resolution is set wrong, something out of range in Wnidows(100mHz or too high resolution) for the 19"

Try booting into safe mode (F8), that reverts back to a low resolution tthat should work almost any monitor. Then you can change the resolution in safe mode.

Obviously you have access to another PC, you are posting here. Have you tried the 19" monitor in another PC? Maybe the monitor has co-incidently died at the same time you got another PC. It's possible.

Do you use another monitor in the meantime on your new PC? or have you just always conencted the 19" ?
Have you managed to get any monitor to work on your new pC? If not then your PC hasn't been conifgured or the graphics drivers haven't been installed. I don't know, just all guess wor here. Don't know what has beeen done so sorry if any of these ideas seem obvious or stupid.
i can get my moniter to work, it is just finicky, it is working pretty consistant right now

i am still going to get a $0.01 hdmi cable off of amazon (literally :razz
Try another VGA cable if you have one spare, sounds just like a problem I had once. The cable was causing the signal to be very fickle something was right near the plug end. Cutting in and out. New cable and no more problem.

Make sure the cable is attached at both ends securely using the thumb screws that come with VGA connectors.
i always use the screws, they are nice and tight...i did check the connection before, and i doubt it because it is literally brand new, i can probably deal with it as i am buying a $0.01 hdmi cable off of amazon

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG