The online racing simulator
LLWS 2010 Round 1 - LFSCART Clockwise 111 Post Race Discussion and Results
#2 - pik_d
Quote from pik_d :Literally gonna kill my roommate for kicking the power cable to the router 10 minutes before the end of the race.

Copy/paste from other thread.
I watched the replay of first GREEN, and I`m not 100% shure what happened.
I was moving from a wall just enough to touch car 11. He was in better position to see and backup a little, but ....
Sorry to car 11, and to all affected by this incident. Hope it wasn`t caused much damage to someone`s car, I was lucky to pass with minor suspension faults.
Quote from pik_d :Copy/paste from other thread.

Harsh luck, seriously harsh.

Well as I said, thanks for coming guys, there were a few fails, but it was an enjoyable race. Some not particularly smooth, but incredibly exciting pack racing really got my heart pumping (there were some silly maneuvers and cars where there shouldn't have been at times, and while it made my heart go even more, please try to cut that out! Having said that, it was more clean than it 'should have been' - it exceeded my expectations. 4 wide how many times!?)

Good stuff! I'm looking forward to SCing some more in future.
#5 - pik_d
Quote from Timdpr :Having said that, it was more clean than it 'should have been' - it exceeded my expectations. 4 wide how many times!?)

I'm pretty sure SA and CR did this jointly a few times. I got a draft on the two CR drivers and there was a gap between so I figured "Wonder if this'll work" as I was positioning myself between them.
Ok, first I will say thanks for the NDR team for a smooth running race

Wow really my first oval event or even my first time on oval maybe since the early FM days. I didnt expect to get anywhere near the top 5, but to hit joint 1st best time with Reno I was shocked. I knew I could do near a 45.89 but Reno was much faster in practice before the quali.

To lead the grid on the a rolling start I was thinking what the hell do I do haha. I was thrown off with Deko talking in my ear of when to hit the pedal and go on the restart. Once we got going it was all ok, I think my only wish was how to pit and when to pit on the oval events. Well to be honest it wasn't so bad once we had that nasty yellow, but I was praying for one after I fell back.

But to end on that yellow rolling along in 5th was great, I felt for sure that I would be 12th on the finish line, at a bit of a cost with reintjan being taken out. But to see Sokke come in on 2nd was a great, and I think as a team we did well.

Can't wait for the next event
no problem fermevc . I want to apologize Car 32 . I just enough to touch him and caused a massive crash in 56 lap sorry...
Replays uploaded, see OP.
I won in the LRF class!
That was a fun race, thanks for running it NDR!

Went 3 wide alot of times with other cars. pik_d and me had a great scrap with 7 or 8 cars after we dropped to last from the pitstop, Bad luck for lagging out when u did :/ Towards the end of the race I was in a group of 3 cars fighting for the lead and I would have settled for 3rd but was lucky the last yellow came out while I was infront.
How many wide is this?
Attached images
NDR LLWS 2010 E1-R 001.jpg
Quote from pik_d :How many wide is this?

I feel sorry for the dude at the back who's not in anyone's draft!
Sorry for my absence,
i had wrong pit stop tactic.....Oh,what a mistake,i dont had any tactic 4 pit stop
Quote from ivantod :i had wrong pit stop tactic.....Oh,what a mistake,i dont had any tactic 4 pit stop

The correct pit tactic was: pit on the first lap of a caution period. Ori got this right, as well as a few others.
i learned that in a hard way
With the number of safety cars we had it didn't really seem to make that big of a difference.
cmon,i was on first place few times,and had a good fight with someone,i cant remember,but pit stop tactic failed,and after completing pit stop,i was on 11th position.Then another SC,and manage to get 9th,after u timed out,7th and finnaly 6th.
I came out of the pits dead last and was in 4th when I disconnected.
Quote from J@tko :I feel sorry for the dude at the back who's not in anyone's draft!

That was me.

When I was able to get in the draft I didn't want to hit someone in the rear, so I lifted a bit off the throttle. Then I would lose too much momentum to catch back up to the draft.
I feel so bad for missing the race sorry
Looks like i missed some good racing
Sorry for the delay, I'm practising taking my time for GTAL when it comes around, a la IGTC / MoE. :P

But official results are in OP, as well as points updated in the appropriate thread.
Great great nice race I have to say... I would have loved to be there, but... meh... Anyways... The last caution was a bit unfortunate...

one small thing:
I need the skins of cars: #99, #81, #06, #18, #90, please.

Somehow they won't be shown by LFS or downloaded...
Uploaded zip files to OP containing each driver's lapcards from LFSStats, and the raw, undoctored LFSStats reports for anyone wanting that info.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG