The online racing simulator
FF Drift acceptable by drift king
(19 posts, started )
rwd modded, but still "fwd car" :hide:??

or is it all the handbrake they are putting in
Looks like he's just holding the handbrake the whole track
would have been nicer if it was translated.
Basically the FF drift, is hold down the handbrake and because the rear wheels are locked but the front wheels aren't they can still move around the car.
I don't mind but Im not seeing the interest tbh, his accepted it nice move but really a thread about it?
#6 - TiJay
Impressive, still doesn't look "right" though FF oversteer looks cooler when its a good old Scandinavian flick or lift-off IMO. Handbrake slides just look a bit awkward.
Quote from AstroBoy :Basically the FF drift, is hold down the handbrake and because the rear wheels are locked but the front wheels aren't they can still move around the car.

What would we do without you
the rear wheel are rotating, Tsuchiya didn't us hb.........

the key of FF Drift is inertia, 100% inertia, no powersliding

brake is more important then HB, it transfer the weight to move the rear parts

a little bit like Hammer throw, the rear part is the ball

if only use HB. it will under steer
Exactly, if you think the handbrake is constantly being used then you obviously didn't watch the video. The handbrake is only used to start the drift (sometimes never), then it's all just inertia from there.

You can do the same with the FXO and XFG in LFS (more so the FXO).
Quote from PMD9409 :...then it's all just inertia from there.

Look... saying that an FF car is drifting is like tossing a stone and saying it's flying.

Yeah the stone is moving through the air until it loses it's momentum and hits the ground. Yeah the FF car is oversteering until it loses it's momentum and wiggles back into a straight line again. All the energy of the slide is done at the beginning and you're really just riding it out because touching the gas means understeer and recovery. With a RWD you're actively maintaining the drift from beginning, middle, to the end. You can circle indefinitely with a RWD. Would an FF even make it past 90 degrees?

Notice in the videos that they cut to the next camera at corner exit? That's because it's effing ugly that the car didn't have enough momentum to hit the outside curb.
Quote from Mattesa :Look... saying that an FF car is drifting is like tossing a stone and saying it's flying.

Yeah the stone is moving through the air until it loses it's momentum and hits the ground. Yeah the FF car is oversteering until it loses it's momentum and wiggles back into a straight line again. All the energy of the slide is done at the beginning and you're really just riding it out because touching the gas means understeer and recovery. With a RWD you're actively maintaining the drift from beginning, middle, to the end. You can circle indefinitely with a RWD. Would an FF even make it past 90 degrees?

Notice in the videos that they cut to the next camera at corner exit? That's because it's effing ugly that the car didn't have enough momentum to hit the outside curb.

You act like I love FF "drifting".

I hate it actually, I was just pointing out that it is not all handbrake like some others said.
Quote from PMD9409 :You act like I love FF "drifting".

I hate it actually, I was just pointing out that it is not all handbrake like some others said.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to demean 'you' at all, but you had a good line there I wanted to quote.
Quote from Mattesa :Look... saying that an FF car is drifting is like tossing a stone and saying it's flying.

if you have a perfect start of drift, why do you need to maintaining the drift @ middle & the end?
Quote from PMD9409 :I hate it actually, I was just pointing out that it is not all handbrake like some others said.

Lies dont dash my hopes and dreams, its a consiprecy!
Quote from scania :if you have a perfect start of drift, why do you need to maintaining the drift @ middle & the end?

because a corner has a middle and an end, and eventually a ff car WILL lose sideways momentum
Quote from TurboLag :because a corner has a middle and an end, and eventually a ff car WILL lose sideways momentum

It is the problem of skills
If you left foot brake comming into a corner in a front wheel drive it'll oversteer pretty easy. After that it's just using the brake and gas to balance the car and maintain speed. you can even gear down and use engine braking to add angle to the car.

I don't realy think it's drifting myself, more like oversteer with style and intent. You can't drive down a straight and get sideways on power like a rear wheel drive. You have to come into the corner differently.
Though Front-Wheel drive can work and work well, it does fall short, especially in competition drifting such as D1GP.

One small factor is smoke. No smoke is ok but lots of smoke can raise points.

One big factor is large, sweeping corners. I have yet to see any front wheel drive car pull through the banking turn of Irwindale Speedway or the long sweeper after the right turn in Fuji Speedway.

Not saying it's impossible, but even with a professional FF drifter, you can't really compete against RWD drifters of the same or slightly lower caliber and look as good as a RWD car, especially in long corners. Remember, professional drifting mostly a test of how you do it, not if you do it. They don't care what car you use (except 4wd) as long as it looks better than the others.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG