The online racing simulator
Drift Revolution - Racing
(4 posts, started )
Hello.

My teammate decided to make a short video to try out some of Vegas' effects, Which came out quite well in my opinion.
All the props and complaints go to him (Dori-to). (My video, and more upcoming video's are located here: http://www.youtube.com/user/DRFNL) Unfortunatly.. he hasn't bothered making an account on the forum, that's why i'll just post it for him.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ature=channel_page@fmt=22
Like i said, it's just a test.. nothing more you can expect from it. He would appreciate constructive criticism, on what/if he could do anything better as far as effects go. So do i ofcourse, i'm still learning aswell.
Thanks.
Quote from Stiggie :on what/if he could do anything better as far as effects go.

Back off the special effects.
That vid would have been impressive a few years ago when over the top psychotropic acid trip special effects in LFS movies were new, and fresh, as opposed to frapsed replays. Now people tend to like sfx that are "channeled" to create an atmosphere, rather to be all over the place with no particular reason to them.

By that I mean, it would be better if you'd for example use color correction and vignette to create an evening scene, use a bit of glowing to give it really shiny looks, add a bit of horisontal blur when the cars are blasting past and so on... that would create atmosphere.
Also - sync the video to the music, better.
hm.. "Drift revolution" with no drifting?

+vob hack on the fzr hood?
Quote from Sponge :hm.. "Drift revolution" with no drifting?

+vob hack on the fzr hood?

I was almost going to say the same thing.

I thought there might have been a few to many effects, but what I didn't like the most is that those effects were mediocre at best. Find some effects that look a little more "epic," use them in a similar fashion, and you productions will be much more enjoyable.

Also keep in mind that what you broadcast is just as important as the effects you add to them. This wasn't one of those moments, but don't give up.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG