The online racing simulator
AI & railroad tracks
(7 posts, started )
AI & railroad tracks
I am new to LFS, but not sim racing. So I've been playing single player S2 for a few weeks to memorize the tracks. The AI seem like they drive on a railroad track. If I brake late just before a turn, the AI will not adjust their driving line & pwnd me. Also on a straight line, when AI is side by side with me & a turn is coming up & I am in the AI's railroad tracks they will hit me due to I am in their driving line causing "training" mode failure. I could just practice online & piss people off untill i memorize the tracks. So what do you think about AI ? Maybe a little more "artificial intelligence" ?
AI aren't smart really. They used to be a lot dumber about 2 years ago. Now they break a little bit at least. It's probably going to be a long time before AI are improved again. It's not LFS's focus to have uber AI.

But seriously don't waste time with LFS AI. LFS is the "on-line racing simulator" Go online. You're only going to piss people off if you deliberately drive like an ass or you crash on every corner or you have dangerous net lag.

Some people can only race the racing line so get annoyed when someone is a little bit slower on the track. They freak out and don't know how to pass and blame you for it. You're doing them a favour being a back-marker and teaching them how to pass slower cars.
#3 - Bub
notice, that ingame you can click "4" on keyboard and you will see AI railroad. but most people drive on they own railroad, waht is faster adn they memorize them
If you are looking for a nice beginners league go here: www.absolute-beginners.nl We have a very nice and helpfull atmosphere, also for newbies.
Quote from Bub :notice, that ingame you can click "4" on keyboard and you will see AI railroad. but most people drive on they own railroad, waht is faster adn they memorize them

Hey, ya. I see AI railroad now. Something else I just noticed. When I am at the pits geting fuel/repair/tires. AI will ram the back of my car when they come in for pit stop. If AI pits at the very end of pit row they will drive were people are pited at.
Yup they did not do pitsopts until recently. It is unfinished at best, and we dont know when it will improve further. Now we wait for a revamped tiremodel. I like to have good AI as well to practice with, but for now it remains a mixed experience.
Same thing the m8 above me said.

AI & railroad tracks
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG