The online racing simulator
Finally got my Frex fitted
(16 posts, started )
After over a month waiting for it, it finally come at the beginning of this week, got the wheel and stuck it all together tonight.

Took about an hour, I took it slowly, no rush, its a quality, well made piece of kit, doing the wiring and switches was a little trickey, but I got there in the end.

End result, was it worth it? hell yes, it feels fantastic, a massive improvement over the standard DFP wheel, I need to do some work on the paddles, ATM I think the "throw" on them is a touch exsessive, but as is, its great.

Well recommended if you can afford it

Dan,
nice one
send some photos when you get those pedals too
Total cost of the mod? DFP only, or will it work with a Black Momo (and be transferrable if I get a DFP one day)?

But looks great - quite jealous now
all the info on www.frex.com/gp tristan
as far as i know its not transferable between the 2, because on the site you have to say which wheel u have before u buy.
it is available for the momo afaik
Its not cheap, the wheel is probably about the most expensive bit, I managed to get it from a local guy for £50, which was a bloody good price, but I think they retail for about £80.
The adaptor is, I think, about £65ish then the shipping, which I cant remember, but it wasnt expensive.
I doubt it will make me quicker, but it does feel so much better now.

Dan,
And I get to have a go on Sunday
:'(
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Fancy pedals are in London - they wouldn't fit in my car with all my other stuff. But I'm in Norfolk, so I'm more than happy to bring a beer or two
Quote from tristancliffe :Fancy pedals are in London

you must have really long legs Tristan lol

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :you must have really long legs Tristan lol

SD.

rofl!
pedals arrive yet dan?
No mate .

Also, one thing of note I didnt here about was this......

Beware of the shifter buttons shorting out on the alu box section bracket, and can give quite a sharp little electric shock when you touch the paddle shifter!!!.

Fordie, better bring some wellie boots, make sure you are well insulated LOL.

Dan,
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
HAHAHAHA, oh you gotta love those sterotypes .

Besides, I am not a real "norfolkite", I am an Essex import, so replace the wellies with white stilletos

Dan,
Quote from thisnameistaken :You're both in Norfolk - why not get together and make a supa-rig with Dan's fancy wheel and Tristan's fancy pedals?

And me also, we are the Tractor Boys

Next Improvement Suggestion. Scawen, we want Tractor Racing

OK Dan, shall I bring the Marigolds also, just to make sure
Hey, we have tractors too, down here in Devon!
But do you have a wax-jacket, with some tartan lining?
/turns on Norfolk accent

And do you make a praper cup carrfee in a praper carrfee cup

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG