The online racing simulator
The most underrated drift car?
(37 posts, started )
#1 - noj38
Well this morning I woke up got changed,ate my breakfast ,got on the bus(which runs on rat poison judgeing by the soundtrack) and went to school.Where I sat in a 3 period long assembly listening to the school band playing clarrinets(which also sound like the run on rat posion)and humming songs about the easter story while at the same time doing a very good impression of a desstresed cat.I came home from school(on the bus which runs on rat posion) ,got changed went out to play football for a coupe of hours ,and then came back home to play on a drift server on LFS.
I pulled away in my shiney red FZ50 ready to paint huge black lines all over Kyoto GPs newly laid tarmac( and tear up some of the grass while I am at it.)but something didnt feel quite right.Where was all the other FZ50s? or the XR GT Turbos? For some strange reason people were sliding around in LX6s and RACs.So I decided not to be the odd one out and gave it a shot and what happened changed my top 5 LFS cars for ever.Look what suposed "twitchy","undriftable" finnish mid engined sports car came out on top .

#1 RAC
Superbly ballanced and has the most quick,crisp,direct steering of any car in the game.Also at 3500 rpm in 3rd gear under full thorttle it makes a great gurgling noise which makes you wonder if we really do need new engine notes for all the cars.
Now go there again and lear to drive it in the "boring" way

sorry...
#3 - noj38
Boring does that exist on LFS ?Well pretending theres a 30MPH limit and indicating into corners comes pretty close. But look on the bright side with the engine only spinning over at only 2100RPM in 3rd gear at least it doesnt make as much noise as say a bus.
Quote from noj38 :Also at 3500 rpm in 3rd gear under full thorttle it makes a great gurgling noise which makes you wonder if we really do need new engine notes for all the cars.

i belive nobody who has the slightest bit of knowledge about how lfs synthesizes engine sounds ever said we need completely new sounds ... matter of fact the current sounds are rather nice ... what we need is some filters that get excited by those sounds
wait.. whats the point of this thread?, i got off track about the whole life story thing
My life story

....ddddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It's funny, yet sad, how the worst English writers around here seem to be from an English speaking country. And yes, I know noj38 is 13, but my English grammar and spelling were a hell of a lot better than his when I was 13... and I'm Finnish.
Quote from Batterypark :It's funny, yet sad, how the worst English writers around here seem to be from an English speaking country. And yes, I know noj38 is 13, but my English grammar and spelling were a hell of a lot better than his when I was 13... and I'm Finnish.

http://vari.1g.fi/kuvat/temp/inglish.jpg/full
the most underrated drift car... definately the uf1 (with the top down of course) Nothing like jerking that handbrake into the turns and laying down some serious black marks.
Because the general IQ in England is going down the pan. No one wants to learn English, so they suck at it (or like me can't remember anything, so forget how to spell). But more often then not, people who have English as a second language are better at it then people who have English as their native language.

#12 - shim
Quote from noj38 :Boring does that exist on LFS ?Well pretending theres a 30MPH limit and indicating into corners comes pretty close. But look on the bright side with the engine only spinning over at only 2100RPM in 3rd gear at least it doesnt make as much noise as say a bus.

depends on how loud ya got ya speakers tho.. :P
.....the number of german native speakers who could not write a propper 2-line Mail in german without making numerous mistakes is rising day by day.....and then these guys wonder why they can not find a job illepall
Quote from DasBoeseC :.....the number of german native speakers who could not write a propper 2-line Mail in german without making numerous mistakes is rising day by day.....and then these guys wonder why they can not find a job illepall

anything longer than 1 line is a waste of my time and gets sent to the wastebin immediately
As a speaker of another language, I'm proud to say that I speak Englisch better than 90% of the people I hear speaking it now that I moved to the US. It's kidna sad really
I must admit i like a drive in the rac offline messing about in carpark with some layouts good fun if u ask me
god, what did he say. I heard"ven thy vas vappy." and" Vi'll vin vampionvip."
Quote from Rappa Z :god, what did he say. I heard"ven thy vas vappy." and" Vi'll vin vampionvip."

Just FYI, that was a parody from some comedy show and it was supposed to be very bad English. Not a real clip.
wit vas wunny
#23 - SamH
There are still English speakers who take pride in speaking and typing correctly, but the kids.. the kids.. SMS and MSN have done more "damage" to the English WRITTEN word than I think any teacher or education regime could ever counter.

I love my nieces to pieces, but I can't bear to converse with them online. I KNOW they're capable of forming sentences in proper English. They're both beautifully spoken, but reading their MSN messages is a painful experience, and one I have to psyche myself up for.

I'm not opposed to the evolution of the language. I use "wanna" and "gotta", I lay out the red carpet for the new verb to "google", and I use acronyms as much as anyone else, but there's a sub-language forming and it's one I can't bear to read.

Historically, Brits have always pointed and cursed at the Americans for polluting the English language, with "nite" and "lite", "color", "theater" and "center". My American son got 9/10 in a spelling test because he genuinely thought the correct spelling was "BBQ".. but my young ENGLISH relatives have surpassed all American transgressions ten-fold or more.

I believe that the protection of the English language should be placed firmly in the hands of the UN. It's the only way to prevent civil war. A war of words, if you will.
I'm always hugely impressed by how well seemingly the whole world speaks English. I agree it is better than the majority of English people, and there aren't any excuses for that really, us young people really are that stupid and/or lazy.

If someone learns English as a second language though, then I think they're more likely to learn it properly, in so far as they are less likely to be constantly subjected to colloquial speech/slang.

I think that the broken syntax and casual enunciation of conversational English that young people are subjected to in England leads them to have such weak writing skills, whereas I'd presume someone learning English as a second language will be seeking to learn the language correctly, so that English speakers can understand them. Somewhat ironic that this could almost give the opposite effect?

I'm a mere 19, and have been fully subjected to MSN's sodomy of the language, and when 'speaking' with friends online, I do use abbreviations to some extent, and I ignore capital letters a lot.

I think I'm one of a dying number of young Englishmen that can at least type properly, but I suppose that's an advantage

I hope that went some way to restoring your faith in 'the youth' Some of us are good people, honest!

Edited: dieing -> dying and the 'too' typo.

Feel a little bit silly now though.
here in Malaysia we've been taught that English is very important during our education days, that is why most Malaysians are pretty good in english (since early age). I'm glad that I can type, write and spell properly in english, though I should work more on my accent and pronounciation as it needs a little bit more work hehe...

oh wait, what's this thread about?

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG