The online racing simulator
Flight sim pilots take to the track
(6 posts, started )
Hello everyone. This is the 2nd movie I've tried to make. Yes, I'm using Windows Movie Maker (Dygear, saw a post from you in another thread, don't make fun of me, LOL). It’s the first one I’ve put to music. Now that I’ve done this, I have learned some other ideas on how to put it together a little better, so….

Here’s the background. I fly MS Flight Sim online with www.wspilots.com as well as racing LFS. A while back through innocent chat in the skies, I mentioned LFS to someone. He had been looking for a good racing sim and tried it out. He bought the license and was never heard from again in the flight sim.

A few months later after I had not been flying for a while, I returned to the skies and saw a post at their forum about Art (the guy in question). I let them know all was well with him and he was racing. I was asked again what it was and told them. A bunch of them downloaded it and some immediately bought a license (awesome, eh?).

I joined in on their private server to help them out with the particulars of LFS. After watching their antics trying to drive the FZR just like everyone else who is new, I thought of the theme of the movie. One of them was using a mouse, so, you can imagine what that was like for him as he ended up trying all the difficult cars, FZR, LX6, XRR, until I got him in the FXR. Towards the end of the movie when the music winds down a little, I wanted to show them with some improved skills and a bit more closer racing. I didn’t get the footage I was hoping for, but did get a bit.

So, here’s my 2nd movie. Feel free to criticize as I’d like to do more and would like to improve on the logistics of movie making. Feel free to visit www.wspilots.com if you like flying as they are a pretty cool bunch and the servers are kind of unique and fun.

http://www.wspilots.com/videos/WSPilots_LFS.wmv
-
(Vendetta) DELETED by Vendetta
hehe, was funny to watch someone new try it out and slide around, but the movie got a bit boring after a minute or so. Try not to use default lfs cameras EVER! though theirs not much you can do with windows movie maker..=/
Point taken, Vendetta. After watching the OELFSM movie, I definitely see the benefit. I just don't know if I could pan and rotate around to follow the action like in that one. It was awesome.

My vid was basically for the flight sim guys. I posted it here just because it's my 2nd attempt other than quick clips here and there of a crash or something.
#4 - KeMoT
Hard life for these pilots in LFS
Quote from KeMoT :Hard life for these pilots in LFS

One of the benefits of racing first and flying second.... I had to land a 737 on a really short runway diving down at a high rate of speed and put it into a 4 wheel drift (er, a 10 wheel drift maybe?) to scrub off speed so I didn't run into the trees. You think threshhold braking an FZR from 170 mph into T1 is tough, try it from 300 mph or so in a 737 on a 1600 foot runway diving from 4000 feet 1 mile from the airport, LOL . Got a video for that one as well.
Quote :Originally Posted by KeMoT
Hard life for these pilots in LFS

But it worth~

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG