The online racing simulator
Wrapping up 2009 and starting ponderances for 2010
Hello racers of both the 2009 Kyoto 250 and the 2009 Kyoto 500:

This is long, but I do appreciate you taking time to read it, understand it, and post comments and thoughts relating to it.

First off, I am finally making the results of both of these official. No further penalties to affect those events' results will be issued.

I never finished going through the Kyoto 500 racer by racer. Generally, each time I tried, my blood would start to boil because of how disappointing the event was to me. This is also why some protests may be left unfinished. Any left out protests are that way because of either there would be no way to enforce a penalty, or the protest was a racing incident, or has fallen under the "misplaced" category. We apologize for any missed protests, but at this stage, it would be a bit petty to do something about them now.

Both events this year had their share of disappointments, but on the whole, the Kyoto 250 was miles better than the Kyoto 500. I was glad to have a full grid at each race, and glad that there were no fully severe admin failings during the events.

What really disappointed me most in the 2009 Kyoto 500 was the severe lack of discipline and sporting behavior displayed by several competitors in each race. This behavior is not something that I can directly control, unfortunately, via rules or other passive means. The only way to sort that issue is by the drivers doing their part to behave in a disciplined and sporting manner. Any behavior to the contrary is unacceptable.

For those who took the sporting road in this year's events, I salute you, and fully welcome you back to next year's event. For those who did not act in a sporting manner, or did not act in a disciplined manner, you may attempt to come back next year, but your application will come under intense scrutiny. I do not wish a repeat of the 2009 Kyoto 500 in 2010. The race was purely, simply, atrocious. Yes, the racing was stellar at some points, but, many of the incidents that occurred were completely avoidable with smarter, more sensible driving. That did not happen. I wished to be afforded a fairly stress-free and enjoyable, fun race. I went into the race having a decent hope of getting it, looking at the field. Unfortunately, I was not afforded it. And I feel that the viewers and other racers who wished for a good clean race were denied that, and that violates anything that I stand for when running these events.

In the future, for the majority of our events, there will be a tight crackdown on behavior from not just racers, but admins. I was also not pleased with some admin behavior following the Kyoto 500 while the stream was still live. Actions will be taken to work to prevent some things from happening again. Unfortunately, this may make the rulebooks thicker, but that is a side affect of rude and discourteous behavior.

I do not wish our events to be tarnished by childish behavior, be it on the track or off the track. What is seen on the track and in this forum is viewable by the public, consider it representing not only yourself, but your team, NDR, your friends, potential sponsors, and Live for Speed itself. Your actions can do more damage than you hope. I attempt to act in a professional manner at all times, but of course, being human, I have faults.

On to slightly more light matters: I would like to offer a few commendations for this year's Kyoto 500. I would also offer some from the 250, but I have not had the time or mind to review the replay.

My Official Selection for Driver of the Race, 2009 Kyoto 500 is Kevin Myers (z-ro 8). Kevin drove an exemplary race all day, bided his time in the race for the first 250 laps, then was right up there for the win in the last 20 laps. Unfortunately, he was not in it for the win at the last handful of laps after losing the draft, but his actions were what I would expect a Kyoto 500 Champion to do. He will be officially included in the New Dimension Hall of Fame as this (this is a hint for Ellis). Please assist in offering congratulations to him.

I am deciding to offer not one, but TWO Official Rookie of the Race awards, which I am giving to two drivers who ran in their first Kyoto 500 this year. I was originally going to give just one, but felt the need to offer it to these two.

The first Rookie of the Race Award is being given to Jeff Garry (Skydiver173). Jeff was a constant front-runner in the practice races, did an exemplary job of showing the skills and attitude required to be a Kyoto 500 Champion. His advice, suggestions, and determination were greatly welcomed and appreciated, and we do look forward to seeing him back in the 2010 Kyoto 500. His unfortunate disconnect in the midway point of the race is what cost him the chance at victory. He had the skill, strategy, and ability to adjust to the situation needed to be there. Unfortunately, the Internet was not on his side this year.

The second, and just as deserved rookie of the race award goes to Tim Vecchoni (VECCHONI). Tim was only in his first few months of racing in Live for Speed, and to see him take the speed quickly and be up front quickly, and learn quickly in a truly "Trial By Fire" fashion earns him this award. His spectacular race exit with less than a mile to go in the run is an unfortunate way to go, but the experience he gained will help him in future runnings of The Greatest Spectacle in Live for Speed. We look forward to seeing him back in the future, and wish him the best of luck.

Also, congratulations go out again to Nolan Scott (BigTime), the 2009 Kyoto 500 Champion on his win. Unofficial history will mark it as a rather controversial win, but the win is official and a win nonetheless, and the official history considers him the Champion, with no bias. He did what he had to do to get that title, which is simply, to get there first. We hope he returns in 2010 to defend his title.

Another congratulations goes out to the 2009 Kyoto 500 Official Polesitter, Dan Sanger (Raven88) who was sadly unable to take the start due to connection issues. We hope that he returns for next year to attempt to win the pole again and finally be able to start from it without issue.

Honorable mentions go out to, in no particular order, Aaron Shearer (Wild) for his excellent driving on the day, with his chances ending unfortunately with less than 30 laps left in a spectacular incident in front of the main grandstands.

Honorable mention also goes to Phil Diaz (PMD9409) for his fighting back from a lap down after being caught up in several incidents, to finish second.

I would like to thank everyone else for their participation throughout the course of the event, from attending practice events to qualifying, to racing. We hope to see you next year.

Finally, we ask that you offer your final comments on 2009, and offer comments looking forward to 2010.
congrats guys! see you next year.
nice. thx deko and NDR. thx Raven for the set (and yes i did change it for the weather ).
+1 on the rookie honors to jeffyg and tim and to the winner, and Wild-i didn't realize we led so many laps lol.

thx also for FM team for providing a place to learn to race the Fo8 and all their help with drafting. nicest bunch of gents i've met, and thats more important than winning any race.....

see you in 2010.

k.m.
Nice wrap up deko, and thanks NDR for hosting, i guess i got nerves or didnt bring my A game because i faild misrably in the 500 all on my lonesome.
But i will hopefully be back next year to do better, and im glad Jeff got the Rookie award best guy ever.
Nice post! I'll try to be on the 2010 KY500 race Congratulations guys! The race of many people was fantastic, unluckily I had a drive-throught penalitation, that became a 45 sec penalitation And I'm sorry for the understanding problems of the race

Greetings!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG