The online racing simulator
Red MOMO - annoying sounds
(5 posts, started )
k, here we go.

I just bought myself a "new" momo, secondhand tho.
And this new one has the same problem as I had in the old one, and that was the main reason I bought a new one in the first place.

The squeeking comes when ever I turn the wheel, with the old wheel it took sometime to get the sound when the FF-motor was cold, but with this new one the sound comes right when you just turn it. a bit lower volume before warming the FF-motor tho.

So far I´ve tried to tighten the FF-motor screws (two of them)
that didn´t help at all.
I have a sample, there I´m in LFS without any FFB and just turning the wheel left to right.

So if anyone with some idea, could help me a bit here, I´d be grateful.

Teh Sample

EDIT: even a wrong subforum, moderators pls move to the proper section
Have you tried Jig-A-Loo? It's a graphite spray lube made for plastic wood or metal.

Find it here.

Take Care and Good Luck.

EDIT: Oops just noticed your in Finland, don't know if you can get that product over there?
I wonder if it's possible to make completely silent FF wheel. That sound is really annoying even if it works normally.
@jonesy: have a look at this site http://www.murchisons.net/f1/layout/Momo%20how%20to.htm
and try to fix your momos so you will have two good ones.
if you motor was loose for a long time the wheel gets worn out and will unfortunatly never go really silent again.
they should have paid more attention to the motor fixing in the first place. its sad to see this great piece of hardware die for such a small reason.

peace jo
molocco, I´ve tried that thing already, but it solved nothing

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG