The online racing simulator
RFactor becoming Simraceway
(5 posts, started )
What the hell is that about, I do not understand, is it gonna be like iRacing?
I read in the rfactorcentral website that there will be prizes for winning races and that stuff, also a thread of a guy arguiing why they were gonna use all the mods for the racesimsh1t project or that thing. I don't understand clearly the situation since there's no good info about it, and if there is in the rfactor forums, im not gonna get into them...
#2 - 5haz
With some extra features that you have to pay for, but all the rest free.
Lots and lots of mod and track makers are refusing to allow their stuff to be hosted or used by simraceway, as they're essentially profiting from free content. There's also the fact that all the vast amount of trademark violations that take place in user-created sim-racing (but are usually igniored because the content is free) are suddenly going to be used to turn a profit and so the trademark owners are going to start wanting a cut of it.

A bad idea, and not even a particularly well-meant one - the old owners were enthusiasts, the new company are no such thing - just in it for the money.

More here: http://www.virtualr.net/modder ... cott-simraceway/#comments
#4 - 5haz
Shame really, because a central place where all the mods and addons can be found is a godsend, and thats what rFactorcentral was, if it aint broke, don't fix it!

Although obviously the whole idea is driven by greed rather than enthusiasm, that kind of rot set in in real motorsport, and now it has spread to sim racing, where people normally go to get away from the greed.

Hopefully a community run replacement for rFcentral will get sorted out.
I agree Shaz, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. rFactorcentral as it was, was fine. They obviously just wanna make money and I can understand the modders discust, but it would be nice to find another website that gets put underway as an rFactorcentral 2

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG