The online racing simulator
offering help ?
(10 posts, started )
offering help ?
i've seen that there are (we are) all sorts of people on the forum

racers, coders, graphists, modellers, mechanics, engineers, (physicists:shy...

how about we offer our help and our abilities to help the developers?

i do not know how... i haven't got the slightest idea how... all i know is that i see a potential for improvement from within the community
many people have already tried offering their experties as far as i know
Quote from logitekg25 :many people have already tried offering their experties as far as i know

Did the devs accept their help?
#4 - CSU1
...which would be counter-productive as bringing groups of people into the different coding and work practices would take a management team of it's own(which first itself would need to be brought up to speed).

Although our intentntions are all in good faith, Scavier is renowned for being a closed and small team, if they need our help they will ask, leave em' to it.
maybe you are right
thanks for the rating.
Quote from kristis917 :Did the devs accept their help?

Yes. Look at some of default LX4/LX6, made by community. Also users help developers to improve LFSManual, translate LFS, etcetc
Quote from george_tsiros :i've seen that there are (we are) all sorts of people on the forum

racers, coders, graphists, modellers, mechanics, engineers, (physicists:shy...

how about we offer our help and our abilities to help the developers?

I think the Devs can also see this

Quote from kristis917 :Did the devs accept their help?

Just look at the LFS credits, The devs have, and probably will again ask people for input from time to time via public beta patch testing or in PMs etc

I imagine like the private beta testers a NDA would prevent many from ever knowing

SD.
allow me to give an example

suppose the devs don't have the resources to improve the selfshadowing/lighting of the cars

hypotheticaly speaking if i were to write a couple shaders that took care of that, i could send them in, the team could try it for 5 minutes or so and if it works, great. if it doesn't, no big loss.

i gave an example. it is not a good example. please don't try to prove that the whole idea is wrong or impossible because the example i gave is not a good example.
#10 - CSU1
Quote from george_tsiros :allow me to give an example

suppose the devs don't have the resources to improve the selfshadowing/lighting of the cars

hypotheticaly speaking if i were to write a couple shaders that took care of that, i could send them in, the team could try it for 5 minutes or so and if it works, great. if it doesn't, no big loss.

i gave an example. it is not a good example. please don't try to prove that the whole idea is wrong or impossible because the example i gave is not a good example.

Myself, I know diddley squat about game design and production but to me 'content' as the example above is'nt the problem. The most time consuming part of it all I imagine is trying to constantly iron out bugs trying to make as little change to the old code along the way. Given that Scawen did work for Lionhead I imagine he and Scavier have a huge contacts list at the ready, and I also imagine the various professionals among us are well known to them also.

Releasing info about the particulars and asking for help in this public forum would only cause un-needed speculation and banter/arguements , which is the last thing we want.

...I suppose at the end of the day - If you have something to say or work done simply PM any of the dev's.

offering help ?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG