The online racing simulator
Sexy Lemon
(21 posts, started )
Sexy Lemon
posted on another forum I vist, thought it deserved to be posted elsewhere just for the sheer point'n'laugh-ability to this story.

This letter to the Daily Mail...

..reads..

Quote :
Is Haribo Corrupting Our Nation's Children?

The other day, while doing our weekly shop, I bought for my two children, Benjamin and Ofelia, a packet of Haribo Maoam lemon-and-lime confectionary. It was only after I was leaving the check-out that I noticed the appaling illustration on the packaging.

This consists of a lemon and a lime locked in what appears to be a carnal encounter. The lime, who I assume to be the gentleman in the coupling, has a particularly distasteful expression on his face.

I demanded to see the shop manager and during a heated exchange my wife became quite distressed and had to sit down in the car park. I was told to register my complaint with the manufacturer.

I'm glad I spotted this before my young children, who are both very sensitive. My wife and I have always tried to maintain their innocence - and to think our years of careful parenting could have been wrecked by, of all things, a sweet wrapper makes me livid.

I received a reply from the company saying that the wrapper design had been introduced in Germany in 2002 with a view to making the fruit figures "more modern and lively" to "better appeal to the consumer".

It said: "At no point was it intended to create sexual images". It had been shown to a number of children and adults of different age groups, none of whom has made any comments referring to the sexual content.

I consider this response less than satisfactory. As a member of our local church, I'm now urging other members of our flock to boycott Haribo products until this illustration is removed.

Simon Simpkins, Pontefract, West Yorks.

it's a good thing he didn't buy the cherry flavour (bottom left).

Also note he claims his children are "both very sensitive", understandably so if their father is going to demand to see the shop manager then complain so much his wife became distressed
I thought it was common knowledge that maoam had rather suggestive wrappers.
#4 - 5haz
Can't believe how these people have a stick so far up their arse, probrably middle class with nothing else to do, judging by the children's names.

The Maoam wrappers kind of reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtM0-ZFwiNo
It's like anything - you only notice it if you're looking for it. The wrapper might look dodgy to us, but it means nothing to a kid. It's fruit wrestling. What's gonna be wrong with that?

Everyone has gone totally over-sensitive to everything these days and it pisses me off. Stop taking yourself so seriously, and understand that people have a different sense of humour. I don't take offense to jokes about Scots being alcoholics and dying of heart disease. There's plenty of stuff I don't find funny but I don't feel the need to complain about it.

That stereotypical ginger-haired, kilt-wearing bagpipe playing guy in the Fruit Pastilles advert about 15 years ago claiming there was "a moose loose aboot this hoose"! My national pride has been wounded. How dare they show Scottish people in such a trite way! Get the f*ck over it.
:chairfall
#7 - amp88
Quote from Dajmin :That stereotypical ginger-haired, kilt-wearing bagpipe playing guy in the Fruit Pastilles advert about 15 years ago claiming there was "a moose loose aboot this hoose"! My national pride has been wounded. How dare they show Scottish people in such a trite way! Get the f*ck over it.

It was Maynard's Wine Gums. I lost a lot of sleep and I'm still in therapy about it
I stand corrected. So they offend me by implying I can't ingest anything that isn't alcohol-related in some way. One advert, half a dozen cliches, twice the anguish. We, as a nation, should sue.
i'd forgotten that advert, loved it always had the suspision they got the idea from george harrisons video for got my mind set on you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_niy2ZM5Jo

seriously though it was rather stereotypical, and the gentleman in the kilt had a remarkable resemblence to this guy as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTr6oLFHnK0

don't worry i'm used to stereotyping, after all i work underground, sing all the time and s**G sheep apparently

oh and here's another frazer story for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... qJNjA&feature=related
What the.. What exactly did they say to the shop manager? "Omfg, teh sweeteh has pr0n on it. Fix pl0x. KTHXBAI." Seriously, like people have said before it means NOTHING to those kids, why the parents have to be so up themselves about it.. The kids don't give a shit about the ****ing wrapper, it's the sweet they're interested in! xD

Why do people even bother.. it's a ****ing sweet wrapper, which will get thrown away anyway!

Oh and.. Yeah, I'm english. My teeth are awful, I drink tea all the time and my favourite food is crumpets ok? And I talk like the queen.

edit: just noticed "as a member of our local church-" Why the **** is religion pulled into every single little spat in the news?? Someone gets murdered, the murder is found at the scene, with the murder weapon in hand, when questioned he says "God made me do it!" and even though it's obvious he killed his wife for the insurance money, he "believes" he had a vision, and God came to him in a dream and said "You know, I created you all, but I think you should kill eachother anyway, go on, go for it! It's against the commandments and the law, but who cares? You don't! You want money you greedy worthless little.." . Honestly.. Stupid things like this really wind me up.

edit2: Also "the rest of our flock are going to boycott haribo products" As if haribo actually give a toss! Their products are sold world wide, so what if a little village of stuck-up toffs stop eating them? It's kids worldwide that eat them.. not vicars with a sweet tooth..
This is just ridiculous....

Depending on how "young" the kids actually are, they would either:

a) Dont understand the image in the "sexual way" meaning wouldnt giving a damn.... or
b) Already know about sex and wouldnt care anyways.....

Option B might sound crazy, but for gods sake its nature. They will do it sooner or later, are their parents going to be standing by their beds at night to make sure they dont get off with their boyfriends/girlfriends? Stupid.....
I'll add this to the "Reasons I hate humanity" file.
i needed a reason?

ha.
Who found this in the Daily Mail?

I thaught you had to have no friends and terrible moral standards to buy that piece of sh*t. Least it isn't The Mirror.

I like these wrappers though.
#16 - 5haz
Learn to appreciate the Daily Mail for its comedy value.
Simple Simon is simple.

Methinks he doth protest too much
Quote from rich uk :Who found this in the Daily Mail?

I thaught you had to have no friends and terrible moral standards to buy that piece of sh*t. Least it isn't The Mirror.

I like these wrappers though.

The Daily Mail is a great paper, reminds me of everything I loath about middle class England/Britain and it's constant scaremongering of everything that fails to fall in line with the British way of thinking, and its constant referring back to the people's whor...I mean princess Diana and how it would have been all different if she stayed of Johnny Foreigners lands, as we all know she would never have died in a British Tunnel and in a Britsh car.

Without the Daily Mail, the comedy world is a poorer place...and the Daily Mash will be without a decent source of headlines.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The Daily Mail is a great paper, reminds me of everything I loath about middle class England/Britain and it's constant scaremongering of everything that fails to fall in line with the British way of thinking, and its constant referring back to the people's whor...I mean princess Diana and how it would have been all different if she stayed of Johnny Foreigners lands, as we all know she would never have died in a British Tunnel and in a Britsh car.

Without the Daily Mail, the comedy world is a poorer place...and the Daily Mash will be without a decent source of headlines.

Except it's not really a middle class newspaper. It's aimed at those who either think they're middle class but arnt, and those who want to be middle class but never will be.

The true middle classes buy the broad sheets, infact, other than the Evening Standard they would'nt be seen dead with a tabloid.

So, if you really want to know how us middle class scum think, go have a read of the Telegraph or Times.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Except it's not really a middle class newspaper. It's aimed at those who either think they're middle class but arnt, and those who want to be middle class but never will be.

The true middle classes buy the broad sheets, infact, other than the Evening Standard they would'nt be seen dead with a tabloid.

So, if you really want to know how us middle class scum think, go have a read of the Telegraph or Times.

Oh come on, it's so middle class that if it was in a comedy sketch it would be looking up to John Cleese and looking down on Ronnie Corbett.

See how many of you guys get this reference
#21 - 5haz
I'm sure the Daily Mail is read by twats across all the classes, you're never more than 5 metres from an idiot in Britain.

I get it, but I don't know where this 'reference' comes from.

Sexy Lemon
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG