The online racing simulator
#1 - Krayy
Pitboard.lpr user_array proposal
Hey there guys,

Since there are quite a few scripts that are using user_array, do you think it might be worth extricating the code to create/add/update user_array entries into it's own include?

The reason I'm suggesting this is that we wanted to disable the pitboard on some of our dev/test servers and it broke a few other includes.

Also, this gives us a place to add things like indexing variables so we can call it using something like "$uName = $user_array[$i,$uaUserName];" rather than an obscure index number.

I'm also wanting to add some extra fields, for info such as this track/car PB and a few others to save extra function calls, which all take proc time.

I'm not actaully sure who created the pitboard.lpr, so it would be their call, but I would hope that in the interest of wider development, they would consider to do so (or pass it back to me to implement).
pitboard.lpr is my creation and yes the user_array is used in some other scripts of mine too. It's been a long time since I took a good look at the code but I will try to give a shot in the next couple of weeks.
#3 - Krayy
Quote from Yisc[NL] :pitboard.lpr is my creation and yes the user_array is used in some other scripts of mine too. It's been a long time since I took a good look at the code but I will try to give a shot in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Yisc...it's a handy piece of code for sure, as it saves a lot of cycles doing external calls back to the lapper exe.

Come to think of it, maybe we should combine it with a few other snippets to make it a ref for arrays in general. I have attached a sort of starting point, but your input would be most welcome.

EDIT: Come to think of it, let's just call it lapper_global.lpr and get everyone to put any useful globals and supporting functions in there
Attached files
lapper_arrays.txt - 3.2 KB - 152 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG