The online racing simulator
Auto-X Rulers/Guides
(1 post, started )
Auto-X Rulers/Guides
Seems a bit odd of a suggestion, but this would come in handy SO MUCH.

Basically it is tough to make a layout that is precise and accurate.

If you have ever tried to make a straight-away perfectly straight usually you'd end up using the lines on the pavement as a reference (at least I do). I know this suggestion sort of sounds like you could use the checkpoints as guides, but those don't work too well for this because they are of limited size.

This suggestion is simple. Just add a guide you can place down (maybe several), that looks like a checkpoint (the colored bar on ground) but can be stretched to a very large distance. This way you could make a straight-away accurately at any angle. Not only that, but if you could have the width of this guide editable it would come in real handy to make a nicely spaced cone/object layout. Heck if you could make the ruler/guide DASHED that would help for spacing out cones too. Would beat having to use that damn distance tool for each cone you place :zombie:

That spacing idea kind of ties in with a suggestion that was mentioned a while ago. Where someone said it would be nice if you could have the cones ON a guide such as this, and just place numerous cones in one click, all evenly spaced and aligned to the correct angle. Having it done for turns, well that seems pretty challenging. BUT if there would be a ROUND circle guide, that could help immensley for creating round turns too! (One of the hardest parts of layout making)

The main reason for having this suggestion is so you can make angled sections of track properly. For example, imagine a straight-away and then turning gradually into a 35 degree angle. Making angles flow correctly and be straight is time consuming, and never accurate. All this thing would be is something like a colored checkpoint line but would be scalable for length and width. Probably colored yellow or something, I don't know. But it would help. Multiple ones would help for creation of a nice accurate 165 degree round corner, or just a small kink.

In reallife they usually use string to make measurments correct and to lay out the cones in a nice straight line. This would be the game's version of that Big grin

Auto-X Rulers/Guides
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG