The online racing simulator
Rally: westhill point to point long stage
Hello all, here is another point to point rally stage.

The idea is to stay off the asphalt as much as possible. There weren't enough objects to cover the whole track so no cheating

Intended for LX6, it is fast with a few hair-raising bends. Of course the track was already built-in (except no water in the water splash) so I just placed a few markers to help cornering.

2 cones - tight corner
1 cone - 3rd gear
yellow cone - sand
red cone - gate
Attached images
lfs_00000027.jpg
lfs_00000036.jpg
lfs_00000045.jpg
lfs_00000051.jpg
Attached files
LX6_werall.set - 132 B - 1007 views
WE1_climb_ra--011.lyt - 4 KB - 454 views
5^c13.44 wera11 lx6.spr - 277.8 KB - 240 views
Sounds great, I'll try to try it out tomorrow
This track doesn't really make sense. You cant see where you need to go and its too narrow and messy.
Quote from Vinnylegends : You cant see where you need to go

Yeah there is a bit of a problem with the object limit. I did what I could considering it is at the limit already.

If you can point out a few of the worst spots I can make a better version. You could use the replay as a guide and say "at around 2:15 in the replay..."

I had a lot of fun driving this layout and spent a long time tweaking the object placement so once you get used to it it drives really well. The hardest part is getting used to braking late enough in the blind corners on grass
nice layout I made 5.21 with RB4
that's quick... lol I got 6:06 with rb4. maybe if I practice
sounds nice
i will test it later
Me to
I come home soon
Quote from Napalm Candy :nice layout I made 5.21 with RB4

Nice time! Have you done a quicker one? I've been practicing and there's still 3 seconds to go to your benchmark.

btw for those in LX6 the last time is 5:09.97. Post some times and/or replays for the curious
final version
Here is the latest version. The braking point markers and checkpoints are fine-tuned and some object placements are smoothed out without any changes to apex objects.

I'm posting my latest attempt at a sub-5:00 time
Attached files
WE1_climb_ra--012.lyt - 4 KB - 176 views
5^c03.35 wera12 lx6.spr - 265.4 KB - 152 views
updated set
oops forgot the setup.

btw thanks to Flotch, this is a rip of his blackwood set. I hadn't even looked at the camber settings so this one is a few seconds quicker at least. :eclipsee_
Attached files
LX6_werally.set - 132 B - 914 views
is it possible to re-upload the android lyt?

i am interested
looks intresting
Absolutely loving this with the RB4, I'm having great fun with my DFP, rallying like this is helping my car control an awful lot!
god layout
It's great that some other people are enjoying this layout. There's another one coming along for aston but so far it doesn't have the flow of this one.

Still inching closer to the 5 minute mark... I got a 5:02.48 time that gives me hope because I massacred the hairpin, almost stalling it, and went wide and slow in some spots (not to mention banging the walls a few times ).

Best splits so far are 1:30.27 for the first sector, 1:00.54 for the third sector and 0:59.87 for the last sector.
Attached files
5^c02.48 wera12 lx6.spr - 257.2 KB - 128 views
It's a bit surprising that such a close time is possible in RB4... makes me wish the LX6 was all wheel drive
Attached files
5^c11.48 wera12 rb4.spr - 238.9 KB - 118 views
Only problem is the red and white barriers, they murder the track
do you think it would be better with bales? comments and suggestions welcome!
getting really close now and with only a minor brush against one wall

edit: updated set using all gears
Attached files
5^c01.48 wera12 lx6 clean.spr - 257.6 KB - 139 views
LX6_werally_054.set - 132 B - 857 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG