The online racing simulator
Hotlapping and the Ghost?
(8 posts, started )
i have just pulled off a 45.72 in FOX and was gonna upload the hotlap but can't find it... is it cuz im running the ghost mod? has it not saved the replay
Firstly the simple stuff - please forgive me if you already know this: Unless you have set it to automatic in the options replays are saved manually by pressing 1 in single player, or 2 when online.

As for whether the ghost mod could effect saving of the replay I do not know.
never really looked at the hotlap records before... i thought 45.72 was pretty damn good never mind... i'll keep trying
Quote from KiNeSiS :never really looked at the hotlap records before... i thought 45.72 was pretty damn good never mind... i'll keep trying

I guess it also depends on the track whether 45.72 is good or not.
#5 - filur
Quote from PLAYLIFE :I guess it also depends on the track whether 45.72 is good or not.

Um, yeah, on aston gp it would be kind of amazing.

Anyway, ghost mod does not affect replay saving in any way.
#6 - bbman
Quote from Becky Rose :Unless you have set it to automatic in the options replays are saved manually by pressing 1 in single player, or 2 when online.

This seems to be a common mistake... "1" saves the replay with an automatically generated name (it basically takes all useful information and throws it to the filename) and with "2", you can specify a filename for yourself...
#7 - filur
Quote from bbman :This seems to be a common mistake... "1" saves the replay with an automatically generated name (it basically takes all useful information and throws it to the filename) and with "2", you can specify a filename for yourself...

Pressing "1" does the same as hitting "Replay" in the menu, basically.
If you did not save by hitting 1 or you did not hit escape and hit "replay", then it might not have saved. This is to keep the clutter on your hard drive down.
However, another reason might be that it was not a HLVC good lap, and those don't get saved.

Were you running in hotlap mode or single player mode?

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG