The online racing simulator
Ideal LFS settings for a Nvidia..same as ATI?
I've just ripped out my pretty retro Radeon 9600 and replaced it with a shiny slightly less retro Geforce 6600GT (oh how I love using an NV again). I have LFS setup and tweaked for my Radeon, are the best settings to use for my Nvidia the same as what its set to for my Radeon? With regards to vertex shading, that sort of thing. I noticed the "haze" affect affects frame rate, and yet going up to 4xAA/8xAF didn't touch it, guess something else in my system is the weak link now. Average framerate has just about doubled, love it

Cheers.
Quote from Rtsbasic :I've just ripped out my pretty retro Radeon 9600 and replaced it with a shiny slightly less retro Geforce 6600GT (oh how I love using an NV again). I have LFS setup and tweaked for my Radeon, are the best settings to use for my Nvidia the same as what its set to for my Radeon? With regards to vertex shading, that sort of thing. I noticed the "haze" affect affects frame rate, and yet going up to 4xAA/8xAF didn't touch it, guess something else in my system is the weak link now. Average framerate has just about doubled, love it

Cheers.

No the settings would not be the same. The reason for this is because usually when somebody upgrades their video card they get a better one, Which will make a decent change in FPS. So because of this you will be able to use higher setting like AA/AF and so on to make the game look better yet keep your fps in a decent range.

So basically you can turn up your graphics as much as you want as long as you feel you are getting good enough FPS and no lag and so on cause by higher settings.

Ciao
If I can run LFS settings maxed and a little bit of AA/AF on my onboard ATI chip with 256 shared memory, then, any of you should be able to max everything. That's my opinion. I'm locked at 40 FPS which is perfectly fine by me with freakin onboard.
I have the settings cranked as high as they'll go, I did on my old car pretty much as well, I was just curious if there's anything I should adjust. At 1024x768x32 with 8xAF/4xAA it doesn't drop below 40fps on the startline, and averages 60-70fps. Pretty happy, I think my crappy processor (athlon 2000) is the weak link now though.
Just a quick question, what are all the settings within LFS to make it look the best (Including all LOD settings etc...)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG