The online racing simulator
Live for speed future
(42 posts, started )
#1 - reyco
Live for speed future
Hi, how is It with editing physics. Does someone know approximate date of new patch release. I mean: "Many people start to be nervous and unhappy". The lfs racers haven't got the flavour to ride. Get,for example, progress report or screenshot. It was than better than now.

Sorry for my bad english . Thanks for answers.
Physics are to be updated, in the next patch (most likely).
Scawen just got a son, so I think we could give him a break.
good things are coming.
indeed there was a more calm time in forum, but dev never stoped.
so its coming...
and when it comes,
it comes with a
BANG!

hang on tight
#4 - reyco
Its been for 6 months and we haven't information about progress
Spill it KID, you know something
#6 - reyco
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Spill it KID, you know something

And about LFS ?
Hey you think those guy's are aliens ?

I want the patch as badly as you do, who doesn't?!, and I also see some 'no motivation problems after playing x years', I have it myself also.. just go to another game, play it purely for some quick fun, check LFS site's every day and when it's finished it will be here, then go play LFS again and forget the rest

Just wait.
And enjoy what we have now..people are so quickly bored these days !!
Quote from reyco :Its been for 6 months and we haven't information about progress

Actually that's not the case.

Neglecting all the previous posts, just look back a short time and see where Scawen has mentioned that possibly there will be news and/or announcments likely around mid-April or May.

He's also stated that he's working on the tire physics, and possibly some other things....

But no, you're right nothing specific really. But we don't have a huge time to wait for at least some news....
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Spill it KID, you know something

I tell you...it's that cat's fault.

He used his cat to go talk with Scawens cat so that Scawens cat would go spy on his boss and that information was like this dubious but genial way told through at Kid !!
Damn, cat... It all makes sense, hence the fruity disguise......
The motivation problem is related to other simulators. For example rFactor, GTL...
#12 - Vain
You made a typo there... you accidentaly typed "simulators" when you wanted to write "arcade games". I just wanted to correct that.

Vain
Quote from Vain :You made a typo there... you accidentaly typed "simulators" when you wanted to write "arcade games". I just wanted to correct that.

Vain

Good one Vain

And what it comes to this topic, I think I have bad deja vu of having deja vu of deja vu...and saying I have deja vu.
my problem is not a missing patch but those couple of seconds i'm behind the fast guys.

...and not having a working internet connection to race online, of course. now THAT sucks!

Quote from Blackout :Good one Vain

And what it comes to this topic, I think I have bad deja vu of having deja vu of deja vu...and saying I have deja vu.

It's like... "Deja Vu all over again"

and again...
#17 - axus
I don't know about everyone else, but I see a rosey future ahead for LFS - the tyre model is SO solid it is amazing. It just needs a few fixes here and there before it is practically spot on. I think that as soon as the patch comes out (I'm pretty sure in the next 2 months, although I'm personally expecting it a bit sooner than that), LFS will be light-years ahead in tyre physics and the competition will all of a sudden seem dull. Cool it till the patch, and strap yourself in tight because it will be one hell of a ride.
the dodgy behaviour with combinations of lateral and longitudinal load has been with us since the beginning, seems a bit hopeful to just assume all will be perfect in a few months time... though certainly, I'm hoping too
#19 - axus
I think LFS has gone a long way in eliminating that since it started and we are pretty close now... it is not that dodgy anymore and I think the patch will make it pretty believable... I'm not saying it will be perfect, just better than anything the competition can offer.
we have waited this long a couple more months wont hurt

good things come to thoes who wait
Ohmygawd!
April's progress report leaked! Get it here, I'll put torrent up soon!
Wasn't there a film out resently called the Matriac or something. They where saying about cats and deja vu. That was it. A cat crossed a doorway twice and it was the Matron changing things in the clever computing world thingy with people as batteries or something.

Someone mentioned cats and Deja Vu. Seemed to good to pass up.
Quote from spankmeyer :April's progress report leaked!

That's like OLD NEWS!

The future of LFS is supposed to be nice and shiny. When it's gonna be, I don't know. I'd like it to be a BANG too, without any useless progress reports - if I can't drive it yet I don't need to know about it!
Quote from Huru-aito :That's like OLD NEWS!

The future of LFS is supposed to be nice and shiny. When it's gonna be, I don't know. I'd like it to be a BANG too, without any useless progress reports - if I can't drive it yet I don't need to know about it!

Exactly. I find it fun that one day, out of the blue, there is a newsletter from liveforspeed.net in my mail box saying S(insert version number) Final is released.
Quote from reyco :The motivation problem is related to other simulators. For example rFactor, GTL...

So what? Go play them. You'll get an email via lfs-newsletter or read it on every interesting sim-page out there, if something new is out. Dont waste your time waiting, play some games

Live for speed future
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG