The online racing simulator
#26 - 5haz
It was obviously a scam so that Michael could have a free go on a kart track.

I don't mean it, before you all have a 'crisis' at me.
Quote from DeKo :He competed in 48 grand prix's in the 90's, hardly unexperienced.

Yeah, but current F1 cars are not comparable with 90's F1 cars. Especially since he has no racing-(with others to actually compete against)-experience with the modern F1 car.

Donno if it made sense.. but it's 02.27 here.. I should be in bed hours ago
#28 - wild
Quote from Sponge :Yeah, but current F1 cars are not comparable with 90's F1 cars. Especially since he has no racing-(with others to actually compete against)-experience with the modern F1 car.

He has got plenty of experience with racing, you've just got too remember it's not only F1 he's driving in, he's also driving in the lower formula's as well. A driver just doesn't lose his natural ability to race ... He's also tested every Ferrari F1 car since 1999 with the exception of the F60, which he'll get to grips with in Valencia
Three points for the spanish guys going to Valencia to see Schumacher's return:

- Alonso (at least until now) won't race;
- Mark Gene, spanish Le Mans 24h winner and test driver won't race for Ferrari;
- Jaime Alguersuari will be the only home driver, for Toro Rosso.

I bet FIA will put Alonso back on the track, otherwise we'll have some very desapointed spectators...
Quote from wild :He has got plenty of experience with racing, you've just got too remember it's not only F1 he's driving in, he's also driving in the lower formula's as well. A driver just doesn't lose his natural ability to race ... He's also tested every Ferrari F1 car since 1999 with the exception of the F60, which he'll get to grips with in Valencia

hes driven the F60 i think in winter testing.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
I don't remember Badoer driving (racing) actively the last few years?
Quote from Sponge :I don't remember Badoer driving (racing) actively the last few years?

Make it 10 years.
#33 - wild
Quote from Mustafur :hes driven the F60 i think in winter testing.

Nope was only Raikkonen, Massa and Gene.

Quote from carey :Remember de la Rosa in Bahrain ‘05 (that was pretty wild).

Okay okay, most drivers don't lose their ability to race
De La Rosa did a good job imo in 2006 when he took over from Montoya, getting consistant points results and a 2nd place in hungary, in a Mclaren which is very comparable to the Ferrari of this year on terms of where it is compared to the rest of the field.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
So unlike Gene, Badoer really has not raced in a single professional race after 1999?
#36 - JJ72
Yeah I think so.
#37 - wild
Quote from deggis :So unlike Gene, Badoer really has not raced in a single professional race after 1999?

Nope apparently not, he deserves it though 10 years with Ferrari and no driving can't be easy
Yea, Badoer definately deserves it, and he hasn't been racing ANYTHING, Gené has been racing Le Mans, tho that only favours Gené in terms of pros and cons. I think it has something to do with Badoer's Nationality though :}

I think the whole thing was a publicity thing, I mean, they have TWO test drivers, but the first choice was Schumacher!? Crazy. Would of been nice to see him back anyway, but Gené and Badoer are quick guys. Badoer deserves another crack at F1 I think, maybe if he puts in some good performances he will get snatched by a new team entering F1.
#39 - JJ72
*prepares resume to replace Badoer's current job - test driving brand new while getting paid!*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG