The online racing simulator
Spare Unlocks
(8 posts, started )
Spare Unlocks
When I get LFS S2 it says you get 2 spare unlocks per week, do these unlocks expire at the end of the week so the most you can have is 2 unlocks? Also if I reinstall my OS and there are no unlocks available (for whatever reason) will 2 unlocks be available on the Friday morning as it says on the purchase page?

Cheers.
You get 3 unlocks initially when you buy LFS (be it either S1 or S2). You use 1 unlock to unlock the game for the first time after then you have 2 unlocks left, if say you reformat twice and unlock LFS both times, you won't have any unlocks left, however the next friday you'll get 1 unlock until you get your maximum of 2.

the game will keep giving you one unlock every friday until you have 2, then it will stop giving you them.
Think of it as your unlock-account. The maximum value this account can hold is 2. Every Friday you get +1 spare unlock (or is it +2 already? I'm not sure), filling up your account up to its maximum value. Should you, for whatever reason, use all these unlocks during the week, you'll have to wait for Friday to get new ones. In "emergency" cases you can also write an email to the devs to re-up your unlocks.

In practice you don't really need those unlocks anyway, though. Once you unlock your account there's never a reason to lock it again.
Quote from AndroidXP :In practice you don't really need those unlocks anyway, though. Once you unlock your account there's never a reason to lock it again.

Unless you unlock it on another PC e.g. Brothers/Sisters/Friends then lock it again when you leave.
Or you switch hard drives, get a new computer, or want an extra install to run an older or newer version.
But these are things you do once, not often enough to constantly run out during the week.
Yeah, there's usually no reason to need the frequent replacement, but if it wasn't done this way and you made people wait for a month or the end of the quester or something there'd be hell to pay.

Look at the uproar that the limited activations of EA games causes. It's more or less the same principle (they usually refresh on a proper uninstall) and still people go mental over it.
LFS unlocks used to be once per month but the devs tired of people always asking for more. Adding one unlock per week still seemed reasonable but drastically reduced that part of the support workload.

Spare Unlocks
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG