The online racing simulator
CTRA alive again?
(84 posts, started )
CTRA alive again?
Some guys in MMSC stream noticed that RaceAuthority webpage is working again, and its true... Anyone explain it please.
I saw that site aswell
Might just be a random reason why it's open, but maybe something is going on. Time will show
#4 - Jakg
lrn2read

"CTRA site frozen at midnight 12th February 2009
NOTE: random 25% "wobble" applied to statistics to protect against data theft"
#5 - Byku
Ohh.. the memories ...
*checking my account*
I want to play on it right now I checked my account. Good memories
#7 - SamH
Arrrgh! Don't get excited guys.. I needed to turn the site back on temporarily, so that I could show it to some of my potential clients. I'm touting for web development work at the moment and the CTRA site is a pretty useful site for demonstrating some of the things that I do.

It doesn't mark the relaunch of the CTRA. I would dearly love to, but the CTRA is much too time-consuming to run properly.
It would worth it though, but its your decision
:sadbanana

/thread
I'm loving looking around the stats! 21 wins, go me!

Good luck Sam
Wins: 130 32%
Podiums: 194 49%
Finishes: 250 63%
Fastest Laps: 141 35%
Yellows : 475 20%
Quote from SamH :Arrrgh! Don't get excited guys.. I needed to turn the site back on temporarily, so that I could show it to some of my potential clients. I'm touting for web development work at the moment and the CTRA site is a pretty useful site for demonstrating some of the things that I do.

It doesn't mark the relaunch of the CTRA. I would dearly love to, but the CTRA is much too time-consuming to run properly.

thanks sam, i've been looking through old screenshots for the layout for a while...

i should probably go nuts with some wget script before it goes back down.
Good old memories :P

First Name: Pete
Last Name: Hopkins
Team: Sonicrealms Racing (stats)

Points Rank: 43,545.000
National Rank: 1st (Wales)
International Rank: 42nd (more info)

You have competed in: 2,204 races and driven 26,627 laps on the CTRA system.

You currently hold: 37 lap records
Still 14th in BJ.
All you guys reciting stats are aware that they're not real, right?

Quote :NOTE: random 25% "wobble" applied to statistics to protect against data theft"

Who cares? i know that quite a few people put a lot on hours racing into CTRA and to see your name up there after all this time is quite satisfying. Especially coz no one can catch up
#19 - CSF
Quote from peterules :Good old memories :P

First Name: Pete
Last Name: Hopkins
Team: Sonicrealms Racing (stats)

Points Rank: 43,545.000
National Rank: 1st (Wales)
International Rank: 42nd (more info)

You have competed in: 2,204 races and driven 26,627 laps on the CTRA system.

You currently hold: 37 lap records

WALES?
someone in the german forums said that he knows that there is some work and that the owner of CTRA has changed, but he's not allowed to tell more...
#21 - Jakg
Quote from TFalke55 :someone in the german forums said that he knows that there is some work and that the owner of CTRA has changed, but he's not allowed to tell more...

Lets not fan unfounded rumours, shall we?
First Name: Tomas
Last Name: Y
Team: National Royalty (stats)

Points Rank: 19,952.000
National Rank: 15th (Finland)
International Rank: 226th (more info)

You have competed in: 1,134 races and driven 10,243 laps on the CTRA system.

You currently hold: 68 lap records

Damn, good times
Wins: 1,057 49%
Podiums: 1,639 77%
Finishes: 1,890 88%
Fastest Laps: 922 43%
Yellows: 3,016 10%

Points Rank: 87,455.000
National Rank: 1st (England)
International Rank: 2nd (more info)

Happy Days

I don't see any "wobble" Those stats are just as i left them...

Still miss it. LFS died for me the day CTRA closed.

Page saved for posterity. Something to show the kids (not that I've got any...or plan to )
#24 - SamH
Quote from The Moose :I don't see any "wobble" Those stats are just as i left them...

The wobble mostly affects much lower licenses than yours, targeting the more casual rather than the most enthusiastic CTRAers. It's enough to undermine the quality of the data so that scraping would be useless while still serving up stats to be proud of for those people that have stats to BE proud of. I thought carefully about how to implement the wobble
Quote from SamH :Arrrgh! Don't get excited guys.. I needed to turn the site back on temporarily, so that I could show it to some of my potential clients. I'm touting for web development work at the moment and the CTRA site is a pretty useful site for demonstrating some of the things that I do.

AW now im sad panda.
My stats are stil there OMG just to bad CTRA wont get a relaunch.
Now i just get hurn by looking at my stats and no way to improve them

CTRA alive again?
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG