The online racing simulator
PC cutting out after few seconds
(46 posts, started )
I am currently wrting from the ps3

basically my problem is today i received a replacement 9800gt unlike my old one this 9800 has a massive heat sink but no power socket. i can boot the pc but after about 20 to 60 seconds the pc loses all power and switches off.

i know the cpu has enough power as it is 700w and had no trouble with the old 9800 and this one apparently uses 30% less power. i also know that the pc works fine with the onboard 8200gt. any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance
Attached images
proof.jpg
you sure it doesn't have a power connector? it might not be the traditional molex, it might be another 4-pin connection.
Check all connections from the card to the motherboard
also make sure its in the slot correctly, and if you have 2+ slots, try a different one?

-Tiger
i'll have another look but all i could see was a small white socket a bit smaller than the nail on my little finger

and the mobo only has one pci e slot
what's the brand? can you find/take a picture?
Yea thats the old 9800GT, the one you have now is the Green Edition, yea.. and it doesn't need power connected so the problem consists somewhere else..

Quote :
System Requirements:
• PCI Express® 2.0 or PCI Express-compliant motherboard with one x16 graphics slot
• Minimum 450W or greater system power supply (with 12V current rating of 26A)
• High quaility 550Watt or greater system power supply for SLi™
• CD-ROM drive for software installation
• 1GB of system memory

Quote :
Operating system support:
• Microsoft® Windows® XP 32/64-Bit, MCE
• Microsoft® Windows® Vista 32/64-Bit

You already had an 9800GT but check your system meets the requirements of the Club3D Green Edition...
Quote from DavidTiger :Yea thats the old 9800GT, the one you have now is the Green Edition, yea.. and it doesn't need power connected so the problem consists somewhere else..

You already had an 9800GT but check your system meets the requirements of the Club3D Green Edition...

yh my system surpasses all of those but i think it is hardware as the system completly shuts down and can be started again instantly
Might be a bad card... contact them if its under warranty.
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
grr i hope not cause i only got it today as a free replacement to my old one
Try cleaning the PCI-E slot, give it a blow. unlikely but bits of dust etc could short circuit and cause the PC to shut off. Happened when I fitted this PC with one..
ok will do. I will also see if unplugging everything then plugging it back in makes any difference and i saw something that someone had knocked a cpu arm lose so that was making it cut out.
Quote from Luke.S :the pc works fine with the onboard 8200gt.

Also the fact that it works without the card plugged-in... makes me think that its definetly the card thats at fault...
What PSU do you have? It could be that it's not providing enough power and your system is shutting down.
Quote :i know the cpu has enough power as it is 700w and had no trouble with the old 9800 and this one apparently uses 30% less power.

the 9800GT Green Edition only needs a minimum of 450w

depends how old the psu is too, but he says the PC is fine with the onboard graphics, which does kind of points to the new card.
i meant the onboard works with no card in

the 9800gt works in my dads pc

my psu is less than a year old

and my pc works with an 8600gt

oh and my psu is an ezcool 700w tornado
check cables, temperatures everywhere. touch the drives, are they hot?

my gf's pc would shutdown and not start until i disconnected one of the two IDE HDDs. it was quite hot.
nah it ain't the pc cause my dad's 8600GT works on my PC and the 9800GT works on his pc
the 8600gt has like 1/3 the power consumption of the 9800GT

the 8600gt is 26W idle 52W peak
the 9800gt is 32W idle, 140W peak.

your psu is not a very good psu.
Quote from george_tsiros :the 8600gt has like 1/3 the power consumption of the 9800GT

the 8600gt is 26W idle 52W peak
the 9800gt is 32W idle, 140W peak.

the old 9800GT i had worked but the 9800GT green edition doesn't
try your father's psu in your machine.

just for shits and giggles.
well?

(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG