The online racing simulator
Death at Indy Racing League season opener
Here's a link to the tsn story

i saw it on the news as well. one car had crashed in practice and slid a LONG way before coming to a stop. yellow lights and flags were out. then paul dana hit him at full speed. it appears he was so focused on speed that he wasn't paying attention to the track conditions.

very unfortunate.

speedfreak227
Motorsport is dangerous!

It's the risk we all take when we strap ourselves into a car. It's not nice to report on the death of a fellow racer, we can only be thankfull that the prime concern nowadays is safety.

It seems like it may have been Dana's fault for not slowing down under caution. although nobody would wish the result on anybody.

IRL seems to be a rather dangerous formula. As soon as they sort out one sefety issue, another crops up almost immediately.
His experience suggests he had no place in such an event, it's a shame, but sadly quite inneviteable.
Just seen the replay, it's a heavy shunt, looks like he flew a fair way after the initial impact. I'm fairly sure he landed (heavily) upside-down too

I don't wanna sound cold hearted but thats what happens when you buy you're seat in a series you're not fit for. IMHO
last 20 laps were amazing wheel to wheel stuff at front

very sad though about accident
Quote from speedfreak227 :it appears he was so focused on speed that he wasn't paying attention to the track conditions.

That's what i thought when watching it. A few others passed the crashed driver with no problem. Anyway sad to hear.
Sad weekend for motorsport. Another death happened in Friday when a J-WRC rally co-driver died in Catalonia Rally.
RIP Paul Dana.
#9 - th84
It was a ugly crash with a worse outcome! But hopefully good things will some how come of it! It always takes something really bad to happen before they make moves to make it safer for all drivers. Nascar is much safer now since the death of Dale Sr., Adam Petty and others, hopefully the moves will be made to help prevent something like this in the future!!

RIP Paul Dana
I've just heard of it, terrible crash.

RIP Paul Dana
Quote from deggis :Sad weekend for motorsport. Another death happened in Friday when a J-WRC rally co-driver died in Catalonia Rally.

Yeah Jörg Bastuck died there:

Info:
Aaron Burkart's co-driver, Jörg Bastuck has been killed on the opening day of the Rally Catalunya on Friday, after a tragic accident on the second test.

Burkart and Bastuck went off the road in their Citroen C2 during the first run of the 24.14km El Montmell stage [SS2]. While neither were injured in the incident itself, Bastuck was later hit by the Ford Fiesta of Barry Clark and Scott Martin, which left the road at the same place, striking the German as he was changing a wheel on the C2 Super 1600.

i see in autosport they're saying that although he didnt slow down, what sealed his fate was hitting some debris which damaged his front wing and right front suspension. once this had happened he had no chance to avoid the car
It doesnt matter what motorsport the driver was in, its a sad day for all when some one looses their life. I dont know who either of the deceased were but it is a shame.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG