The online racing simulator
Question regarding lagging?
(25 posts, started )
Are there any aussie racers here that don't get hassled for lag?
#2 - pik_d
Probably not many, but there are Australian only leagues specifically because of this issue. Just try to only join servers that have low ping in the connections list. If you really want to join a server where you're getting >150ms ping make sure to watch your lag bar (the green one). If it is significantly higher than the rest you may want to check with people to see if you're dangerously jumping around.
Yeah sux to be in Australia if ur playing LFS, I got a great connection but can really only play in Australasian rooms (seems to be more aussie rooms than players!), all the rest have a high ping, i love FOX junkies but usualy get asked to leave, it does make close racing hard though!

I want to move to Europe just to have a choice of racing more than 3 people at any given time on my favourite game!
*waves at nismoCat*
#5 - pik_d
I was racing [DUcK] this evening and he didn't seem to have any lag issues. Maybe you should ask him what provider he has.
hows the us for lag
Oh, I get 200+ ping from 19 out of 20 servers. :weeping:

It's almost impossible to find a Chinese server on the list. 

God, lagger !
:spidereek

Kill the lagger !!
:biggun:
#8 - pik_d
Quote from logitekg25 :hows the us for lag

It's not so bad actually. I'm on the east coast so it might be *slightly* worse if you're on the west coast. There's also some good USA servers if you know how to look for them.

When are you going to put TVE's money to good use and join us online?
Quote from Keling :Oh, I get 200+ ping from 19 out of 20 servers. :weeping:

i do not know if this will make you feel better, but i can't play multiplayer, at all. i do not have an internet connection at home.
Quote from pik_d :It's not so bad actually. I'm on the east coast so it might be *slightly* worse if you're on the west coast. There's also some good USA servers if you know how to look for them.

When are you going to put TVE's money to good use and join us online?

i am from the east coast too massachusetts to be exact, i will go online when my dads friend forks over the 350$ for my wii which is worth 700+$ (the 350 was set from ebay how it previously sold which caused loads of problems with shipping) which will fund the computer i will custom order from dell's phone tech's and that will take about 5 days to build and 2 days to ship, then i will go out to radioshack and buy a router so i can connect to the internet, set up my computer with the internet, which will take about a day, and then i will go to bed, but i will not be able to sleep because i will be wondering about what server/race i should join first, because i like drift, want to become good at grip, and want to learn to drive casual with cruise

lol hope that answers your question
I am 59 mS from Sydney. I do get hassled in Euro servers for lagging. Usually when I am higher in the field. I have to drive less agressivley and make sure I allow for lag in braking and passing.

If I stay at the back of the field no-one cares

Nothing can be done about this. Unless you want to move to Europe or just play Aus servers.
Quote from JasonJ :I am 59 mS from Sydney. I do get hassled in Euro servers for lagging. Usually when I am higher in the field. I have to drive less agressivley and make sure I allow for lag in braking and passing.

If I stay at the back of the field no-one cares

Nothing can be done about this. Unless you want to move to Europe or just play Aus servers.

unless living in aus is like living like a god, then moving to europe would not be a bad descision imo. they live REALLY good in italy

theres always the good 'ol us or canada
what are some good aussie servers?

ironically, i get the most hassles at [CAD]. i think because lag = hyperspace in a DD server lol
Quote from radnes :what are some good aussie servers?

ironically, i get the most hassles at [CAD]. i think because lag = hyperspace in a DD server lol

Have the list display every host and probably everything under 50ms is Australian.
you aussies can coordinate yourselves and run your own servers sure there are enough of you!
Quote from Keling :Oh, I get 200+ ping from 19 out of 20 servers. :weeping:

God, lagger !
:spidereek

Kill the lagger !!
:biggun:

Same here,and i have lost connection or labeled laggy in a few league races
Quote from george_tsiros :you aussies can coordinate yourselves and run your own servers sure there are enough of you!

Oh there are plenty of servers, just most of the time there are only like 3 players racing. Some peak times have 15 or more playing, but most of the time it's empty.
Lag has never been an issue for me. Pings of 320ms - 360ms are acceptable, above that it can get difficult to race close. Good quality European servers are in that range.

Anyway, lag and high ping are two different problems. Lag is more like a bad connection where you don't send and/or receive regular updates, regardless of ping time. Sure, going across the world there is more scope for bad connections but usually its just fine.

Wheel to wheel racing is maybe a bit more risky, but only a bit. I've had hundreds of races on European servers, often very close racing, and its not been a problem at all.

When I have been told that I lag it was because I actually lagged (either not receiving or sending regular updates, usually both), not because I had pings of 330ms.
Quote from JasonJ :Oh there are plenty of servers, just most of the time there are only like 3 players racing. Some peak times have 15 or more playing, but most of the time it's empty.

yeah

because aussies go and connect to euro servers :P that's why you see very few people racing on au servers
Quote from delray25 :...

Yes true. Still if I got like 400mS ping I'll start warping around the track a bit. Most people say 'you're jumping around a lot', some say 'you're lagging' which is technically incorrect. Calling it lag, yes lazy of me. Sry
Quote from george_tsiros :yeah

because aussies go and connect to euro servers :P that's why you see very few people racing on au servers

If it weren't for the timezone difference, it would certainly be the case.

Unfortunately LFS interest is seriously declining in AU. However when we see a release/update, it will bounce back. For how long will depend on the releases new features and content.

Unlike the EU, it's very rare to see a public AU server full that isn't running some event.
Quote from Macfox :Unfortunately LFS interest is seriously declining in AU.

Great news! Next LFS update is an Aboriginal language pack.
Quote from Postman Pat :Great news! Next LFS update is an Aboriginal language pack.

LOL! Also includes a bush mechanic in the pits option.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG