The online racing simulator
SQA Exam Results
(28 posts, started )
#1 - wild
SQA Exam Results
I couldn't find any recent exam results topics, so I've made a new one.

So how did you all do?

I've passed all mine, some were better than I expected them to be and some were a little worse, but on the whole I'm happy enough.
Well i got my exam results back and i have to say i am very delighted with what i got. I got a 2 (Credit pass) in Admin, History, PE, Maths, and Physics. I got a 3 (General Pass) in English and a 4 (General Pass) in French. Then i got a C in HE. These are all of course Standard Grades. So i cant complain about what i got. No fails or any foundations. So am very happy
Yay, results and exams I actually understand!

I got 4 Grade 2's (in French, Physics, Graphic Communication and English), 2 Grade 3's (Maths and Geography) and a 4 (Art). But that was 13 years ago, so probably isn't quite so relevant

No bugger in England will have a clue what you're on about though. I always have to equate them to advanced GCSEs and break the 1-7 down to A-D when I go to job interviews.
#4 - Joe93
I was rather pleased with mine, quite abit better than i expected to get

got 3 2's 2 A's a 3 and a 4 not bad for hardly attending school :P
I got 1C, 2B's, an A and I failed one subject.... but it was a subject which I was forced to take so im not bothered.

Standard Grade wise, I have 3, 1's; 3, 2's and a 3.
#6 - amp88
I got five 1s (Chemistry, English, Geography, Maths, Physics) and three 2s (Computing, Spanish, Business Management) way back in 2000. I initially got a 2 for Geography but appealed it and got bumped up to a 1.
The subject I failed is abit weird. I was getting 80% in the prelims, and now according to my results I got less than 40% (40-50% = D, but I got not grade).

I kinda get the feeling that there was nothing wrong with my answers, but I messed up the front page. (Candidate Number, Names in the wrong box'es, Date of birth as being 2009... etc).

I suppose it is entirely possible it got lost by the SQA marker, or got stuck to the back of someone elses answers. But I should have a decent appeal with 2, 80% prelims. As I said, I was forced to take it, so im not overly concerned, but it would be nice to get it on my certificate concidering I spent a year on it.
#8 - amp88
You should definitely appeal if you got 80% on the prelim but failed the final exam. If you fail the appeal you end up no worse off but if you get it will obviously look better going forward. Try to contact someone at your school ASAP and ask them for their advice about the appeal. They may already be investigating the situation for you and could have already launched an appeal on your behalf. If you contact them they should be able to help you out.
Our school automatically appeal if you fail, and you have an A or B grade Prelim.

I am going into school on friday to sort some stuff out before we go back anyway, I will speak to someone then to make sure that an appeal has definately been made.
#10 - wild
Nice results guys

I got three 2s (Computing, English Graphic Communication), One 3 (Craft and Design), two 4s (Maths, Modern Studies), one A (Physics Int 1) and one B (PCS Wood Int 2)

I'm pretty happy with the results
I might see if i can appeal for a better grade in my English. I got a 2 in my Speaking, a 2 in my Reading, but i got a 4 in my Writing. But i think i may have just missed the 3 mark and i have a feeling i got a 3 in my prelim. So hopefully i can get my writing to a 3 and then get an overall grade of a 2 for English. But i don't even know when i go back to school so i don't know when i can go in and talk to the teachers.
#12 - wild
Quote from 1993weeman :I might see if i can appeal for a better grade in my English. I got a 2 in my Speaking, a 2 in my Reading, but i got a 4 in my Writing. But i think i may have just missed the 3 mark and i have a feeling i got a 3 in my prelim. So hopefully i can get my writing to a 3 and then get an overall grade of a 2 for English. But i don't even know when i go back to school so i don't know when i can go in and talk to the teachers.

Well I don't see any reason that you shouldn't be allowed to appeal. I'd phone the school to see if any of your teachers are in and maybe they can shed some light on the situation
Quote from wild :Well I don't see any reason that you shouldn't be allowed to appeal. I'd phone the school to see if any of your teachers are in and maybe they can shed some light on the situation

Yeah, that might be a plan. But i doubt there will be any one in the school just now.
Quote from 1993weeman :Yeah, that might be a plan. But i doubt there will be any one in the school just now.

There should be administrative staff in during the holiday. During the down time when the kids are on holiday it lets them get on with other things (like preparing for the next session).
Quote from amp88 :There should be administrative staff in during the holiday. During the down time when the kids are on holiday it lets them get on with other things (like preparing for the next session).

Alright cool, i guess i will phone up some time soon then
My results (5th year)
Higher A: Art And Design
Higher A: Graphic Communication
Higher B: Physics
Int2 A: Maths

And failed higher english... score!

Not sure what I'm gonna do now... as I'm currently doing English, Maths, Geography, History, Psychology (all highers) but thinking about dropping out of English :/
I wouldn't drop out of english, as its an important skill, and alot of employers prefer if you have atleast Higher... I didn't take higher, because im a fool (or rather, my timetable is full).
Well to get into the course I want , I need highers at BBBB, one of em being english or a subject which requires the use of it (such as geography, history)

And im doing both of those , and also psychology.... so technically I should get away without taking english...

Don't employers tend to look at your first sittings? Rather than re-sits
Well, it doesn't say on your certificate whether it is a resit or not. It just says "Higher English - (Your Grade)

But I have never resat a subject before so I don't know.
Well I spoke to one person, he said that employers can check easily with SQA and see your results.
some colleges here use SQA.

all GSCE's at school though
Im not entirely sure why they would check your results with the SQA if you sent a photocopy of your certificate in with your job application / CV as proof.
True... I guess I could do all 5 highers this year... although that might be a tiny bit hard to manage them all...

Can't make a decision to be honest :/
#24 - wild
Quote from Electric Eye :True... I guess I could do all 5 highers this year... although that might be a tiny bit hard to manage them all...

Can't make a decision to be honest :/

If you get a studying schedule made up then I'm sure that you'll manage fine. I made up one sort of and even passed a subject which I though I was going to fail, a 4 in Modern Studies isn't anything to shout about but hey at least it's a pass ..
Well... just found out that apparently my friend's dad work at the uni, arhchitecture sector... He says History, or a subject liek that would be enough :/ Dunno... I think I might only do four subjects.

SQA Exam Results
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG