The online racing simulator
Multiplay i37
(14 posts, started )
Multiplay i37
Anyone planning on going to Multiplays 37th i-series this weekend?

For those who don't know, it's the UK's largest LAN party and it's been going since 1997, been a few times before and it's really good every time. Not much, if any, LFS is played there but I'll be taking my G25 as they always create a bit of interest, everyone wants to have a go

They've also just announced that Dev from Radio 1 will be opening the event so that will be really nice

Would be nice to know if anyone else from here's going so I'll have someone to speak to some of the time. It's in Stoneleigh Park from Thursday evening to Monday. Lots more information on their website if you're interested

http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/
Are you gonna do the last round of MMSC there?
I'm gonna try, might be the same time as the Counter Strike Source finals so I'd be like the only guy in the whole event on a PC while everyone else is watching them play
I'd love to go to something like that, but two things stop me. The first is finding the time among the million other things I have to do. The second is the fact that I suck
Yeah I suck too so I'm just spectating for the weekend but a friend of mine is a very good CSS player so it'll be nice to see him do well
To enter a CSS team, do you just register somewhere, or do you have to had some kind of special, uhm, previous experience or something?

Might be too late for this year, but next year I might try to collect my old CS 1.6 clan and do some games on CSS. If we still got the pedigree we might consider entering
I would be going but I'm banned as one of my friends got in a fight at i36.
No experience needed at all, just need to register you're team on their website and get everyone in the team a BYOC ticket Tickets for competing are quite steep though imo.

Sorry to hear you're banned DeclanJ, I've heard quite a bit about fights at previous events but hopefully I'll manage to avoid it this weekend.

I'll get some pictures when I'm there, leaving 9am tomorrow.
Got back today, had a really great time. Unfortunately there was a lot less exhibitors in the M-Festival hall but there was still a few, and Multiplay had set up some of their own things for people to do.
Just interested, do you know about the guy who got caught stealing some shizz and wizzo was on about posting a picture/naming+shaming anyone security caught? I'd be interested to see thats all

Plus im planning on maybe going to i39 with about 9-10 of us (hence ive been reading the i37 forums alot) what are the campsites/any recomendations on what we should bring?

Thje only things ive realy thoguht about so far is; crap loads of food and a lockbox for hardware and such.

Edit: For the css team questions, noyou dont need experience, but im pritty sure it costs a bit (hence the cash price) and winning teams like reason/dignitas/cc/tcm/ teams like that would prove quite difficult =D

All thought there is fun tournaments around but you obviously need a acceptable level of skill within the team to play or loosing 16-0 wouldnt be to fun
Man, it's been a long time since I went to an i-event Went many many moons ago when planetarion had speed rounds - of course that didn't end well

A few others I know have gone this year, but I don't believe they're high competition for CSS - kinda seems pointless when you're entering that tbh..
Quote from the_angry_angel :Man, it's been a long time since I went to an i-event Went many many moons ago when planetarion had speed rounds - of course that didn't end well

Ayy, another PA player I played from round 3 until they started charging for it (I forget which round that was) You might know RealJames if you were into the alliance politics - he was one of my drinking buddies throughout uni.

I used to go (I went to i's 19, 20 and 21) and we'd bring PCs, set them up and invariably end up spending the weekend getting pissed-up in the campsite instead of gaming

The best thing was the PCs set up in the bar using massive projectors with 100 USB pads connected and specially written 100-player games where you just get a drink, pick up a pad and join in (100-player bomberman anyone?). We spent a LONG time on those.
Quote from Crashgate3 :You might know RealJames if you were into the alliance politics - he was one of my drinking buddies throughout uni.

The name rings a bell, but I couldn't have told you that it was because of PA

Quote from Crashgate3 :I used to go (I went to i's 19, 20 and 21) and we'd bring PCs, set them up and invariably end up spending the weekend getting pissed-up in the campsite instead of gaming

Aye, that's basically it

Perhaps we should lobby MP and get an LFS section at i38?
I would love to try and get a fun tournament for LFS set up there, we could do it ourselves for a laugh if we had enough people going. Even if we couldnt it would still be great to meet some people there.

You're right about the getting pissed rather than camping, as a spectator i made the most of that

Edit: They announced Monday that itt'l now be at Newbury Racecourse rather than Stoneleigh Park for i38

Multiplay i37
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG