The online racing simulator
[?] Garage suspension view
(6 posts, started )
Bit of a nub question from me: I've attached a picture of the suspension view in garage, my question is to do with the yellow section (track/lower control arm right?). Is there any useful relation to setting up a suspension and the angle of the arm? I.e., is there any point in trying to keep it above/below or horizontal. I've tried to read on this, but I'm a bit dim. Does a certain angle cause less/more bump steer or are there other reasons or none at all?

If there are benefits or disadvantages, what are they for the other suspension types, like dbl wishbone?

Thanks
Attached images
susp-geometry-view.jpg
well...you got farther then me i am still trying to figure out what part of the diagram is suppossed to be what thing, and all that fun stuff
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Does a certain angle cause less/more bump steer or are there other reasons or none at all?

I don't think there's bump steer in LFS at all Hopefully more knowledgeable ppl will chime in and enlighten us.
The dynamic camber response of MacPherson struts is best when the arms are pointed downwards. The further angled up they are, the less dynamic camber there is, and eventually the dynamic camber will invert (not good).
Just the sort of info I was looking for, ty
I realise that my first description was a little ambiguous.

In the attached images, you can see that as the wheel progresses through it's range of travel, the effective swing arm lengthens, reducing the dynamic camber, until it reaches infinite length, then swaps sign and reduces in length again (so dynamic camber becomes increasingly inverted).
Attached images
down.PNG
level.PNG
up.PNG
upup.PNG

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG