The online racing simulator
Car instantly stops on track.
(6 posts, started )
Me and a fellow mate just had some odd accident. We are both hooting down the back straight on Blackwood, and his car stops instantly as soon as he hits the brakes and begins the down shift. Ive saved the replay from it, so if its needed then just ask, but it looked like the car had been reset on the track, as it bounced gently as if being dropped. I know it isnt possible to rest car when going flat out, or alteast i thought so.
Lag, I guess!
It could be a corrupt data packet? If Scawen put the checks for car resets on the client side then it's possible that a [bad packet] car reset signal could be sent from the client when it is impossible for the car to actually be reset - this would only happen for around 250ms though and then the next packet along should fix the problem - the resetting wouldn't occur on the client itself if this where the case, in most UDP based network games the odds of the bad packet not being detected as bad are 1 in 256.
ran out of petrol thats what mine does
#5 - ORION
No I think he got stuck in the ground, this has nothing to do with lag or netcode if you ask me. I really hope it's not the "Devil 007 bug" from S1 again, where the car was jumping from one side of the track to another (dont know how else to call it, but Scawen will know what I mean).
illepall yeah, that one wuz crazy...maybe someone should do a movie ... "The reTURN of da devil007bug" ... lol

lez all pray, iz not b4ck !

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG