The online racing simulator
First skin in my life.
(12 posts, started )
First skin in my life.
Finally I made my own skin. Sure I made few skins before but they were made in 5 minutes. This one took me a little longer. Tell me your opinion and what I can do to improve it. As Im looking at it I now think I should put some glossy reflection on it.
Attached images
My Skin #1.jpg
My Skin #2.jpg
My Skin #3.jpg
My Skin #4.jpg
My Skin #5.jpg
#2 - PerG
why are u starting new thread omg ? And why have u on your skin everything upside down ?
#3 - Vain
I also have some streetcar-skins in my skins-folder that look more "semi-professional". I like that because you can see those type of cars on real trackday events with that kind of look. So generally .
Now for the criticism-part:
1. Has the numberplate on the left side intentionally swapped directions? If I remember correctly we write from left to right.
2. When you apply decals like the shell-logo to your skin, resize your skin to 1280x1024 before you do that. Then apply the decals and before using it resize it back to 1024x1024. That way the aspect-ratio of the decals is (nearly) correct and they don't look squashed.
3. I'm not a fan of carbon-texture-skins. So I won't comment on that.
4. It's very unusual for the muffler to be coated in paint (because the paint is not that heat resistant). You should better stick with the metal-color that was on it before.
5. Put your bloodgroup behind your name on the car. That's a added coolness-bonus.
(For the case your car burst into flames and the ambulance needs your blood-group to help you.)

Keep on editing.

Vain
#4 - bbman
Tbh, this skin looks like you spent 5 minutes on it, and you were in a hurry at this time...

Everything is out of shape and you just flipped the one side to the other, assuming you'd save time with that: It never works...
Perg: Because this is the Car skins subforum

Come on, it's his first skin.

Keep the work Kajojek here is a hint:

- The skins get stretched when applied to the car, if you use photoshop, try to compress them about 75% width for the laterals, and height for the back door.

Good luck
Quote from Perg :why are u starting new thread omg ? And why have u on your skin everything upside down ?

Im starting a new thread because I want to ask people what they think about it and what can I do to make it better. If you had a little look on the Skin section of the forum you would see that some people are showing their skins in a new thread instead of asking why I made another thread. If this hurts you so much dont look here.

Quote from Vain :
I also have some streetcar-skins in my skins-folder that look more "semi-professional". I like that because you can see those type of cars on real trackday events with that kind of look. So generally .
Now for the criticism-part:
1. Has the numberplate on the left side intentionally swapped directions? If I remember correctly we write from left to right.
2. When you apply decals like the shell-logo to your skin, resize your skin to 1280x1024 before you do that. Then apply the decals and before using it resize it back to 1024x1024. That way the aspect-ratio of the decals is (nearly) correct and they don't look squashed.
3. I'm not a fan of carbon-texture-skins. So I won't comment on that.
4. It's very unusual for the muffler to be coated in paint (because the paint is not that heat resistant). You should better stick with the metal-color that was on it before.
5. Put your bloodgroup behind your name on the car. That's a added coolness-bonus.
(For the case your car burst into flames and the ambulance needs your blood-group to help you.)

Keep on editing.

Vain

Thanks for the honest criticism. I swapped the other number accidentlly. I will fix it.

Quote from bbman :
Tbh, this skin looks like you spent 5 minutes on it, and you were in a hurry at this time...

Everything is out of shape and you just flipped the one side to the other, assuming you'd save time with that: It never works...

Most of the time I was thinking on the idea of the skin. I had some serious problem with this. I didnt want to save time I just flipped it and forgot about turning the direction of number 1.

Quote from Eldanor :Come on, it's his first skin.

Keep the work Kajojek here is a hint:

- The skins get stretched when applied to the car, if you use photoshop, try to compress them about 75% width for the laterals, and height for the back door.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip, I will use it for sure.
Heh why the qoute option is not working?
I think it's because you are typing qoute instead of quote
Lol, thanks mate.
#10 - Vain
Oh, the "edit the skin in 1280x1024"-tip and the "scale the width of the decals to ~75%"-tip are mutually exclusive. They both help the same problem (the aspect ratio of the skin-file isn't the same as later on the car) and doing both will overcompensate for the effect.
I prefer the editing in 1280x1024, because it's a bit easier, but I guess that's up to personal preferance.

Vain
I usually strech the decals, not the entire skin and edit it at 1024, but editing the entire skin at 1280 seems a good idea, easier for applying declas i think

Ï will try it
#12 - Vain
Actually it's not only easier to apply decals. When you do more complex paintwork on the body of the car it also becomes easier to apply those shapes, because you can edit them the way they appear on the car, without having to stretch them.

Vain

First skin in my life.
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG