The online racing simulator
Round 7: Pre-Race Discussion, Briefing, and Confirmations
Round 7 of the 3rd Season of the LFS Beginner's Cup and the 1st Season of the NDR Challenge will be held on Saturday, 1st August 2009. Details are as follows:

General Info:
Course: Westhill International (AS1)
Qualifying Duration: 2x20 minute sessions (one for each class)
Race Duration: 1x22 laps
LFSBC Cars: LX4
NDRC Cars: LX6

All Times in this post are in UTC. Currently, the UK is on Summer Time, which UTC does not observe - UK folks need to add one hour. Go to the Time Zone Converter to help you convert times.
Server arrival deadline: 18:20
Qualifying Session 1 Start: 18:30
Qualifying Session 2 Start: 18:55
Race Start: 19:20

Driver Confirmation:
Please, drivers, confirm your attendance, and car selection by posting here. Please use the following format:

Car Number
Driver's LFS UserName
Class (LFSBC or NDRC)

Example:

dekojester
NDRC

Deadline for Confirmations is 17:30 UTC on Saturday, 1st August. As per the regulations, the penalty for failure to confirm in time is a start from the back of the grid.

Further Notes:

Please observe Name format as per the regulations. Examples:
Quote :
LFSBC: 00 J. Palmer
NDRC: 00 J. Palmer

LFSBC drivers shall color their car numbers yellow, NDRC drivers shall color their car numbers blue. You are to select no color (furthest right color button) for the rest of your name.

The Race will start via Standing Start.

The Safety Car will pull immediately into the pit lane at the race start.

The SC will travel at approximately 150 km/h (93 mph) throughout the course, only slowing for natural slow points. The SC will be an FXR for this round. Drivers should remember SC distance regulations: The leader must remain around 8 to 10 car lengths off the SC, and drivers must leave about 3 to 5 car lengths between their car and the car ahead. Incidents due to following too close may be deemed to be caused by neglect, and a harsher penalty issued.

During SC deployments, the SC Inlap indication will come when the SC is at the final split. At this point, it will begin to accelerate away, and the leader is expected to maintain SC pace, and is not to begin accelerating until it exits the final turn.

The track image indicating approximate Intermediate locations and turn numbers, as we reference them will be posted soon. Please use those in any protests you may make.

Please do not make protests in this tread, there will be a thread created for that after the race has been completed.

There may be a layout in place for this race. It will be posted soon if there will be one.

No. Driver's LFSName Car Class Ballast (kg)

[B]Drivers who have Confirmed:[/B]

01 Greybull [CHA] LX6 NDRC 0
07 Fabio Maximus LX6 NDRC 0
93 BAMBO LX6 NDRC 16
32 Szymonek LX4 LFSBC 10

[B]Missed Deadline, but still confirmed before Qual Start:[/B]

[B]Missed Confirmation, but is in server for qualifying:[/B]

[B]Withdrawn from round:[/B]

77 Hypothraxer LX6 NDRC

GreyBull [CHA]
NDRC
Fabio Maximus
NDRC
Quote from dekojester :
Course: Westhill International (AS1)

I accidentally copied this fail by Deko into the PM, so don't moan at me for being insane.
#5 - BAMBO
Bambo
NDRC
#6 - CSF
As stated before the last round, no. Oh and Joe, you can't blame Deko for you sending out the PM to someone who is banned from NDR events, can you?
Who what where? Yes, I failed, but I was more focused on trying to make the website actually up to date.

If he is properly banned, he should be banned from the server, so there's no problems
Szymonek
LFSBC
Can I just say that whether you're competing this round, can't make it, or have decided to bugger off, please do tell us here

In previous rounds many people just can't be bothered to tell us that they can't be bothered to race, which is stupid after being told to post here whether they are coming or not.

Thankyou to the people that do bother to tell us what they're doing :-P
as stated in the pm to michael, not attending this race, sorry.

but just wait, ill be there for the last race
My name is not michael.
Tomhah
Guest? :P
Timdpr
LFSBC
Where should we put number plates?
Quote from Szymonek :Where should we put number plates?

Halfway through the spare wheel.

Do you mean what should we put on them?
Hmmm... Lame it was. I mean where I should put race number.
Oh lol, I see! Well,

Quote from NDR Sporting Code :b. For closed-roof cars (tintops), the car number shall be clearly marked on the
doors, and on the roof of the car, to be visible from facing the left side of the car.
c. For open cockpit cars (formula cars), the car number shall be placed on the nose
section, oriented so as to be viewed facing the car straight on; and the numbers
shall be on both rear wing endplates.
d. For open cockpit cars without wings (MRT), the numbers that would normally be
on the endplates shall be placed on the sidepods.

I dunno tbh. I was going to say it fell under d. but I don't think it does. It isn't a tintop (though that's probably the nearest definition), it ain't a formula car and d. doesn't work because 'open cockpit' means 'formula car' it seems. Admins?
Quote from Timdpr :Oh lol, I see! Well,

I dunno tbh. I was going to say it fell under d. but I don't think it does. It isn't a tintop (though that's probably the nearest definition), it ain't a formula car and d. doesn't work because 'open cockpit' means 'formula car' it seems. Admins?

Option D. I didn't think of this. fp

Put your number on the bonnet, and doors.

d
-
(GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by GreyBull [CHA] : nvm
Alll go to the server suprise is waiting for you!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG