The online racing simulator

Poll : Should that sign be banned?

No, Let it as it is...
Yes, Sure!
Quote from Mikkomattic :
- No one has a legal right not to feel offended.

Yes.

This is something a lot of people forget.
Quote from Mikkomattic :- The symbol has valid uses. It is not exclusive to anything. Different things mean differently for different people.

- Censorship is authoritarian and oppressive.

- Political correctness can become non-thinking, authoritarian and oppressive.

- No one has a legal right not to feel offended.

Well said!
The Swastika cross, is an angient Egyptian sun sign.
The little guy from Austria, him that looked like Charlie Chaplin, took it for his own use, they pointed it the opposite direction.

Swastika is indish and means cross with "things sticking out" Or I don`t know the english word for it

The swastika is only a problem, used in wrong manners. Remember guns doesn`t kill people - people does ! It`s the use of things and symbols which can cause problems.

We have a famous danish sculpture. two elephants guarding a gate. The company is Carlsberg, and the sculptures is from many, many years before the other use of the swastika, but no one will carve these marks out. carlsberg beer also used the swastika on the beer labels, but that they stopped doing, after the little guy visited most of europe.
Attached images
carlsberg.jpg
carlsberg_elephant3.jpg
Just seeing symbols is missing the point. What nazism was in essence is not a symbol but many other things. If we look only at the superficial, without scratching the surface (and understanding what is inside) chances are we will not see the real evil. We will think it is something harmless.
As far as i know swastika was a hinduist symbol.
I see no reason for that to be banned, unless some ppl are limited enough to see only the nazi meaning.
Quote from DaciaLogan :As far as i know swastika was a hinduist symbol.
I see no reason for that to be banned, unless some ppl are limited enough to see only the nazi meaning.

Indeed. This is the first thing that comes to my mind...

Banning this symbol would have to lead to the banning of other religious symbols...
Maybe we should just ban forums?
US 45th Infantry Division Unit Insignia in 1939 (the onset of WW2).

The insignia was based upon a symbol used by native Americans from the Oaklahoma region where the division was based.

Although the insignia was changed during the war to avert confusion with the enemy.
Attached images
45th_INFANTRY_DIVISION_swastika.jpg
Absolutely not. It's a symbol. It has different meanings. Banning it from a game won't reduce the number of people that ignorantly think it's a Nazi symbol. Nor will leaving it increase support for their 'cause'.
i hate Nazis, so sure why not.
Quote from matseracer :i hate Nazis, so sure why not.

I don't 'like' you. Should you get censored (not allowed to post anymore) and maybe banned from the game too? If no, why not? Hypothetical situation, of course.
this thread makes me lol.

Grinch i bet you moan about the PC crazy world. If so immediatly step off a very tall building
Nothing wrong with it.

It should stay
Why would Thunder Cross be banned.

+ Ask person who made that codepage, not Scawen.
silly thread ...

Most people in LFS didnt even know the symbol was there

Get a grip and go invest your time in something more productive
I think we've had enough, it is a symbol, as is any letter in the alphabet.

Thread closed.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG