The online racing simulator
Australia, Australia....
(47 posts, started )
Australia, Australia....
Hello folks, I have a question for all the LFS aussies.

I've been told that Australia has a big racial problem. Is this true? Over exaggerated? I have a few people in the states that say that australia has a major problem with racism.

Just would like to put things in perspective as I'm asian, and I'm thinking of moving to the outback in a few years or so.

This is just an inquiry thread so, be as politically correct or incorrect as you want (without being a douche of course. Honest, serious answers please). If you think that Australia hates all non-whites, say so. If you think Australia is a happy melting pot where everybody's a brother, say so as well.
#2 - aoun
It depends, im not sure how bad it is in other states, but here in Sydney, its fine, but at the same time, really bad. The normal nice person around here, does not really care what race you are. Infact, the nice normal people around here are fine, its just the ones that arnt, that really arnt if you know what im saying?

One main racial problem is the Lebanese and the Australians. Thing is, i am Lebanese and Australian. I was born here in Aus, but my background is Lebanese. Its mainly the young fellers (like my age, 18) that are bad. The young Lebs tend to hate the young aussies, and the young aussies, tend to hate the young lebs.

Asians, Indians, and any of those races would be treated like anywhere else you would hear about racism.

At the same time, if you dont bug anyone, you most likely arnt giong to have a problem. If you do, good luck in Sydney!

If that didnt answer your question, id be happy to answer anything else.

Just remember, the outback is like an outback here, but the city i would say is more of an city than any other. Its not just a few buildings and a desert. Its much more then that!

Where did you have in mind?

Thats the main racial problems.

Other then that, from what i know, if your asian or indian, and puny and walking in a street in the suburbs in sydney at midnight, becarefull, but im sure thats like that anywhere. Its more discrimination then acutally direct racial issues. Logical to a theif, they would get someone who is carrying a laptop and cant defend themself rather then a big bodybuilder who looks like they will eat you!
nah, all the rumours you hear are bullshit. you only hear the bad things about us. every country has a certain amount of racist people, and australia is one of them, but 99% everyone is fine. i think you will find we are one of the more friendly countries in the world.

most asian's live in the city, ie melbourne, sydney.
living in the outback eh, you wont find many people out there :P, it will be completly different to where you are from, as if it mostly desert and kangaroos oh and if you dont like hot weather (40+) you wont survive

i guess theres only one way to find out, and thats to come over and see for yourself.
Very much over exaggerated I think

We have many cultures living side by side mostly in harmony with the odd flare up here and there, but nothing really to speak of - unless you like to hang out in seedy spots...

How can we hate all non-whites we are a dying bred

I'm fifth generation Aussie, have had very good friends that were aboriginal, Asian, Italian, Greek, Argentinean, Yugoslavia, German, South African, etc - need I go on

When you say outback what do you mean remote part of Australia if so where are you thinking? Do you have any relatives here now?
#5 - aoun
Well you heard it from them too, and i would 100% agree with them, i thought i would just say what racial issues there has been around sydney.
Everywhere has racial tensions.

Mind you, I was in Australia for nearly a month last year, and in all the places I visited I think I saw one indigenious Aussie, make of that what you will.
go back to china u prick
don't think i've ever seen an asian in the outback!
you'll be fine mate, you shouldn't have a problem. some of my best friends are asian
Hey Lizardfolk
im actually an asian living in Australia, more precisely Sydney. My parents were both born in China though i was born in Australia but putting that aside the racism you hear is only in rare cases. This year so far I've only heard of one case of racial dispute and thats it.
However if your planning to go to the outback im not sure if itll be the same case.
hey ozravcing u fishhead go back to sweeden

na all that aside come to australia but if female get in the kitchen.
From an outsiders point of view I think Australia is quite a racist country but it's largely from ignorance rather than genuine malice.

The most unpleasant racism is aimed at the Aboriginals - mostly by people who just don't have a clue. It's quite astonishing how little the average Australian knows about their culture and the problems out there.

There are loads of South Koreans travelling the country so an asian face will not be a novelty on the tourist routes but in the outback proper it's pretty much all white or black. Whereabouts are you thinking? The outback is a very big place

The bottom line is that there are arseholes all over the world but we rarely met an Aussie who was anything other than welcoming and friendly. If you can take a joke (and there will be jokes) then you'll be fine. It might be uncomfortable at first but it won't take long to settle in.
Quote from durbster :From an outsiders point of view I think Australia is quite a racist country but it's largely from ignorance rather than genuine malice.

The most unpleasant racism is aimed at the Aboriginals - mostly by people who just don't have a clue. It's quite astonishing how little the average Australian knows about their culture and the problems out there.

The Aboriginals are mostly filthy drunks claiming the dole. It's no wonder they're not liked.

I was on the metro in Adelaide and when they got on, the smell of human shit was unbelievable. I was hungover too which didn't help. I tried farting just to block out the smell, but it just made things worse.
rofl peter
Quote from petercollins :The Aboriginals are mostly filthy drunks claiming the dole. It's no wonder they're not liked.

A perfect example of:
Quote :The most unpleasant racism is aimed at the Aboriginals - mostly by people who just don't have a clue.

Quote from petercollins :The Aboriginals are mostly filthy drunks claiming the dole. It's no wonder they're not liked.

I was on the metro in Adelaide and when they got on, the smell of human shit was unbelievable. I was hungover too which didn't help. I tried farting just to block out the smell, but it just made things worse.

You don't write for the Daily Mail do you?
#16 - CSU1
Kev was from down under was he not...?
Make of that what you will.
Quote from durbster :mostly by people who just don't have a clue. It's quite astonishing how little the average Australian knows about their culture and the problems out there.

Out of curosity what is your first had experience with aboriginals?
Quote from aoun :Thing is, i am Lebanese and Australian. I was born here in Aus, but my background is Lebanese.

On a side note... Lebanese food is fantastic!
#19 - 5haz
I don't think Aussies should get too pissed off, after all, they're all immigrants themselves.

We got it wrong, we should have left all the convicts here in wet cold Britain and all moved to Australia.
Quote from 5haz :I don't think Aussies should get too pissed off, after all, they're all immigrants themselves.

shadup jeff
Jeff?

Quote from 5haz :

We got it wrong, we should have left all the convicts here in wet cold Britain and all moved to Australia.

No, we should have left them to die in the middle of nowhere in Australia and left them to be eaten by huge man eating spiders and other horrendous creatures.

What, the entire aboriginal race got on your train at once? Because that's the only situaltion where some who's not an idiot could make such a claim.
Quote from Glenn67 :Out of curosity what is your first had experience with aboriginals?

Not a huge amount but I've seen all sides of Australia and I feel that's enough to make some kind of judgement. I spent a bit of time living and working in remote areas so met some of the people living away from the towns.

What really struck me about it all was how happy the tourist board are to use Aboriginal imagery on their adverts and yet, you land in Sydney and there isn't a hint of Aboriginal culture to be seen.

Most of what people knew seemed to be from second hand stories and cheap journalistic bollocks from Today Tonight. I don't know how many people told us not to go to Alice Springs because it was a certainty we'd be stabbed and killed. And it was always people who had never been there.
Hey the more that we like you the more we take the the piss out of ya,
It's when were nice that we don't like you
#25 - 5haz
Haha, my new name is Jeff, or Jeffro.

Quote from petercollins :I was on the metro in Adelaide and when they got on, the smell of human shit was unbelievable. I was hungover too which didn't help. I tried farting just to block out the smell, but it just made things worse.

Well don't shit yourself then.

Australia, Australia....
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG