The online racing simulator
forget about other racing games, what about the Warriors?
I really like the GTA series. In fact with evil oncoming traffic and pedestrians,
Grand Theft Auto is more realistic than most racing titles that call themselves a SIM.
But I'm curious about the Warriors game. Has anyone played it? I liked the movie as a kid, the screenshots look good. If anyone knows anything please respond
#2 - mr_x
GTA 1 and 2 were great, i loved them, but they lost their appeal after the 3rd one, i havent played San Andres on PC yet, i played the PS2 version. i might be tempted when i see it in the bargain bin

ive never heard of Warriors. maybe check out sites like gamershell or gamespot? see what they think? or maybe other people will reply to this thread
GTA:SA is really good, haven't tried Warriors though..
I love games like GTA, but I prefer Driver, I just bought parallel lines. And like you said, these games are sometimes more realistic than any other "sim".
The problem is, it looks like they can never get the small errors out. Sometimes you can find the most utterly stupid errors in games like this. Like in the getaway, I think it was the second, there was a bug that the garbage truck door opened to the inside of the car, it's a wrong dummy, that's all, but how lousy is the testing if you get errors like that? Same things for GTA and Driver. The new driver is one of the first games I see with actually good working third brake lights (try NFS, sometimes they don't work at all, or they stop working when you install new lights). Error in driver that bugs me the most is when you crash and get out of your car it happens alot that you get stuck in the car (but not like in GTA, when this happens in GTA you're stuck forever, with driver you can get away after a while).

So I want more of these kind of guys, that have none of these stupid, small, but dumb, errors! And to get to the big clue of this post... What's warriors?

And one more thing... Gran turismo... Version 1, 2, 3, 4 and everything in between... this game should be the grand driving simulator, but where the hell are the reverse lights in all the versions?? Headlights look superb at night, same for taillights, lots of nice details, but they have forgotten about these lights for all this time!

Just looked at the warriors game website, another game that'll end up rated M (I'm not thinking about some kind of lawyer guy).
Quote from sgt.flippy :I love games like GTA, but I prefer Driver, I just bought ...

Just looked at the warriors game website, another game that'll end up rated M (I'm not thinking about some kind of lawyer guy).

Yeah I like Driver. I think that with everything else that they throw into that game, that it feels more realistic than Gran Tourismo-anything.
And as for Grand Theft Auto? LOL I wouldn't be surprised if the UN has some
sorta order that bans Rockstar from ever making it in multiplayer.

And of course The Warriors is rated M.... Go rent the movie
That's what makes me curious about the game. The "trailer" for the game
is the same as the trailer for the movie.

As for going to review sites? I've noticed a lot of reviewers for games are getting to be a lot like reviewers for movies....

I dunno. I guess I'll rent the thing sometime

I can't believe y'all ain't heard of The Warriors... Yet I bet you've seen Star Wars like a lot more times than you really wanted to
Quote from sgt.flippy :(try NFS, sometimes they don't work at all, or they stop working when you install new lights)

How is that not realistic? Dang tuners don't know how to wire things up correctly! (Sorry... couldn't resist :P )

I too like the GTA and Driver series. Driver 3 was pretty sweet, and I'm lookin forward to parrallel lines, but I won't get to play it until I move back home, no time here in college .I found Driv3r to have a very very difficult single player though. I had it for 3 days (rented) and was only able to conquer the first city :S The GTA games typically are easier I think.

I've never heard of Warriors though...

MAGGOT
Well, parallel lines is said to be more diffictult (I must be a professional, because I played it for a week and finished it, the main story I mean)

Parallel lines is more fun, because now it's actually possible to spin out when you're not paying attention (doesn't happen very often, but it's possible). But if you're kinda like me, who loved 1, 2, 3 serie, you'll love this one just as much. I was expecting more in orders of swimming, boating, because they made a stock of GTA because you couldn't swim (GTA vice city VS Driver 3). But now you can't swim anymore in parallel lines. You just get reset to the shore, with a remark like: "nice day for swimming".
But the thing I love most about the new version: no empty streets, even a lotta traffic jams, that's historical! Mind GTA3-4-5, The getaway 1-2, driver 1-2-3, with all those empty streets at some times? They got rid of that, it's fantastic. They made sure that there is always an escape route through the maze of traffic jams, and small streets with oncoming traffic, but you still have to pay attention and have skills to get through.
Mafia was a great game, much better than any GTA or Driver game.
Yup, you're right, mafia is a great game, it's better than GTA or Driver. But it also has it's drawbacks, like I'm sick of it and it's getting old Not sure if I still have it installed tho.
Ooooh Mafia, LOVED that game!

Tried to install it the other day to re-play it, installed CD1 and CD2, then couldn't find CD3. Boooo.
Yeah, borrowed mine away to a friend a long time ago. And now I can't remember who it was, lol.
Quote from MyBoss :Mafia was a great game, much better than any GTA or Driver game.

I second that. It could be the official The Godfather game, despite the fact that EA just released one (which seems to be complete crap).
#13 - mr_x
Quote from deggis :I second that. It could be the official The Godfather game, despite the fact that EA just released one (which seems to be complete crap).

i second that seconding that....... or is it third?

Mafia was and still is a great game! i loved the 1930's styling of everything, and now theres mods out to change it to be more modern, what more could you want!
Quote from mr_x :i second that seconding that....... or is it third?

Mafia was and still is a great game! i loved the 1930's styling of everything, and now theres mods out to change it to be more modern, what more could you want!

What mod? I don't see what's the point making it more modern, the 30's feel and style is the best thing in the game.
#15 - mr_x
That is looking pretty darn good... Is there any more info on it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG