The online racing simulator
[CAD] Destruction Derby
(57 posts, started )
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Sumo= brilliant
CAD= C*nt admins!

I was second and one ass admin blocked the road for me and rammed me after that.. Fair play from him, before it he blamed me for doing that..
Now I'm banned, don't really care though.
The most fuxd up server that there can be.

it's not the server thats the problem, it's the biased clique of admins
Quote :Online at: [url="lfs://|%5BCAD%5D+Destruction+Derby|0|S2|/"][CAD] Destruction Derby[/url]

Fighting your way through a minefield of idiots and admins, and still beeing there, that's some dedication you got there mate!
Hmmm... the more I read on, the less I actually want to have a look at this server now... However, it seems to me that, so long as you show a bit of common sense and don't cross the admins it should be ok

Still.... a lot of negativity about the admins doesn't inspire a lot of confidence and makes me feel as though it's not really worth the effort
Quote from The Very End :I think it's lurking around on the main server list still, try to just join it and see if it works Long time since I have been on that so no clue if it actually works / is online or not.

Hehe
When you mention I remember the BL2 one, a good layout indeed

Please bring back your destruction servers they were so fun, seriiously man!
yeh i must agree that CAD have a bunch of biased admins, and most of them are kids too.
I think the problem itself is the lack of information about the racing on the server. People read Destruction Derby and automatically thinks it's free to do what they want. What happens is that when they do so, someone get's pissed off when their on the server, and a drama starts between the different users and the admins.

So, as far as I have understood CAD server, it's more a racing - type of destruction derby. You can crash, but no suicide hits. By that it means that you have to try taking the corners, not just wreck and don't give a damn. It's a race, with allowed contact. That however, again, doesn't mean you can go full speed into the corners.

The actions of the admins on the server I canot speak about, since I have not much of experience with them. I just know I once got banned for saying that their layout was my layout, I have a replay of that but that would just be silly name and shaming over a thing that actually was just fun

So, in the end of the day, the admins on the server are overworked with all these strange people there, and maybe they do some mistakes every now and then, but in the end of the day it's the other people that probally is the problem of this server.
Beeing an admin on a DD server is an nightmare, trust me

Edit :

Quote from harjun :Please bring back your destruction servers they were so fun, seriiously man!

yeh i must agree that CAD have a bunch of biased admins, and most of them are kids too.

Just so we know, the server is my team's one, not just mine, so please do not give me all the glory or my ego-meter rises to high

I will, in middle of august, most likely start doing some work on the server again. I will try creating some new layouts, and play around and see if I can get my team to rename the servers to Destruction Derby (for mostly race) and one named Total Destruction Derby , where basically anything is allowed, described more about it on the first page of this topic.
Either way, there will be more about this, so I will keep you updated on that front
Quote from harjun :Please bring back your destruction servers they were so fun, seriiously man!

Yet you are on there right now

The hypocrisy in this thread is very amusing
Quote from DoC_uk :Yet you are on there right now

The hypocrisy in this thread is very amusing

Actually it's not. People race and likes the server, but they are question the admins actions and how the server itself are runned. You know that the ones that oftens complains are the ones that plays/uses the product the most, simply because they like it but haves an idea they think could do it a lot better
i love the idea and love the layouts, just the adminning can be better
Quote from The Very End :Actually it's not. People race and likes the server, but they are question the admins actions and how the server itself are runned. You know that the ones that oftens complains are the ones that plays/uses the product the most, simply because they like it but haves an idea they think could do it a lot better

Aye a valid point , im off to see what all the fuss is about

wach out DD here comes trouble
The only thing which makes the server tolerable is when jon is on, he's on holiday at the moment... I joined a race today, total shambles.
Aye, I agree, Jon is a good fellow, but the rest of the people are like.. well, actually I don't want to give them any words, because it's not a nice one
Quote from The Very End :I think the problem itself is the lack of information about the racing on the server. People read Destruction Derby and automatically thinks it's free to do what they want. What happens is that when they do so, someone get's pissed off when their on the server, and a drama starts between the different users and the admins.

So, as far as I have understood CAD server, it's more a racing - type of destruction derby. You can crash, but no suicide hits. By that it means that you have to try taking the corners, not just wreck and don't give a damn. It's a race, with allowed contact. That however, again, doesn't mean you can go full speed into the corners.

The actions of the admins on the server I canot speak about, since I have not much of experience with them. I just know I once got banned for saying that their layout was my layout, I have a replay of that but that would just be silly name and shaming over a thing that actually was just fun

So, in the end of the day, the admins on the server are overworked with all these strange people there, and maybe they do some mistakes every now and then, but in the end of the day it's the other people that probally is the problem of this server.
Beeing an admin on a DD server is an nightmare, trust me

Edit :

Just so we know, the server is my team's one, not just mine, so please do not give me all the glory or my ego-meter rises to high

I will, in middle of august, most likely start doing some work on the server again. I will try creating some new layouts, and play around and see if I can get my team to rename the servers to Destruction Derby (for mostly race) and one named Total Destruction Derby , where basically anything is allowed, described more about it on the first page of this topic.
Either way, there will be more about this, so I will keep you updated on that front

End, waw. Finaly somebody who understands how hard it is to be a 'decent' admin on a DD server. I have a very stressing life, and its hard to keep myself cool on the server when everybody is whining. i dont think there passes a minute without whining... 'Can you change cars?' 'Can you change track?' and when you do it, half of the server whines 'Omg not those cars!' 'Omg this track sux im off!'... and for the people on the server its easy to say that we arent good admins, but i dont think allot of people are used to this. this isnt a cruise server. we dont have to ask people to talk english once every half hour, we dont have to kick a rammer once a day. its so much harder, but almost nobody understands how hard it is.
Quote from magnanimous :The only thing which makes the server tolerable is when jon is on, he's on holiday at the moment... I joined a race today, total shambles.

agreed. was talking to him earlier and told him it had gone to pot as soon as he'd left

BUT with a bit of work on attitudes where admin are concerned I'm sure that the server would be more enjoyable. Think I've had 4 arguments on there today which is a record for me.....sponge you'll probably get a replay of me supposedly full-speed ramming when in actual fact although I did go into the corner too fast I was distracted and in the replay you'll see me slam on the brakes, candy are just trying to get us banned.....
Quote from The Very End :Fighting your way through a minefield of idiots and admins, and still beeing there, that's some dedication you got there mate!

thats only because your servers aren't up any more
Awww my ego meter did rise when you said that I'll promiss to do some work and see if we can get some propper DD going in middle of august. I think CAD server should rename to "contact racing" or something, DD tag is a little misleading.
not a little, very misleading
i got there for the custom layouts because I cant concentrate for more than 5 or 6 laps. I treat it more as touring car type rules but i'm not that great a crasher.

Though recently the text seems to be a constant stream of babys complaining they got crashed into which makes it a bit less fun because then you block the chat and your in your own world.

If I was admin(glad i'm not) i'd probably have banned everyone because so many people complain rather than just playing the game respecting the few rules (only about 2) and having a laugh. People just dont 'get it'

But the admins seem ok there, sometimes they get pissed because they are only human as they often get hit with quite a lot of abuse especially if they dont ban 'so n so' instantly at the divine command of some jackass.

But the lfs model is not that great for crashes, small touches sometimes result in cars flying off each other and ofc if people are using modded/different car models then (they say) it can mess up the crash physics even more.

for me i have the most fun when i've had a decent race with a couple of people and we have exhanged a lot or a bit of paint but the end result has still been a fairly close finish.

only major problem is that there is no auto restart or ability to type !rules so people can see them in the game.
About custom modells/vob files. Yes, if you use that and a person with standard vob file hits you, it will cause horrible crashes. Due to conflicts between the shapes of the cars + lag and all that stuff, it at most times will send you flying into oblivion.
The Very End, maybe you should join the CAD forces and show us how its done?
No I do not want, because we have values, sorry I only speak what I think, and my opinions. My opinion is that the server is great, but people need a chill pill there, and it needs a new name.
But again, that's just my opinion, and I don't want to show anyone how it's done, because there is no answer or right or wrong - just opinions. Remember that, even if people moans it's their opinions, aswell as the ones that are defending it

And do not misunderstand, I racing there pretty often myself, so I have nothing against the server, just questions it.
Quote from The Very End :Aye, I agree, Jon is a good fellow, but the rest of the people are like.. well, actually I don't want to give them any words, because it's not a nice one

HEEY I'm admin there!
Don't use that kinda words to me!!!

But actually I'm NEVER on
Hehe, do not worry, it's not you the critism is aimed at, actually I canot remember any names, but just that the fact that there has been strange behaviour by people with cad tag in front of their name.
Quote from rockclan :HEEY I'm admin there!

i dont think so.
Quote from rockclan :HEEY I'm admin there!

Rather strange this to claim when not true
I'm sure this is a necro post, but this server really needs to come back. Having recently returned to LFS and not seeing it up there almost brought me to tears!

[CAD] Destruction Derby
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG