The online racing simulator
What an amazing race game:D
(54 posts, started )
Quote from irockrock :omg pick me, i want an s2 license for ages

Quote from Shit Bomb :And what's wrong with your existing S2 account, rockclan? If you have a problem with your reputation, you should at least be willing to buy your own second licence to race anonymously.

Quote from RasmusL :Yeah, Logitech should pay the LFS devs for all the extra sales

G25 for LFS buyer here to, +1 royalties for dev's.
Quote from Becky Rose :Totally offtopic but I'm throwing a party August/start September - you're more than welcome Tor, and Trist, and infact quite a few people around here would be welcome. The new misses wants to meet my friends so I have to go find some and pretend i'm not a totally sad geek who lives through her computer ;p.

Haha, don't worry, I'm more than happy show up
I of course canot say anything certainly yet, but I think I could come down one weekend in august.
What about 22-23 august, I am pretty sure I can come then?
But again, nothing certainly, but would actually love to take a beer and have some fun with some people here.
But may I ask, is there a sober party, like cookies and soda, or do we talk party-party?

Anf congratulation with new miss Becky

Quote from irockrock :omg pick me, i want an s2 license for ages

"no longer welcome" , hehe
Oh christ, TVE in the country?, give me some warning mate!!!!
Quote from danowat :Oh christ, TVE in the country?, give me some warning mate!!!!

.........and warn the breweries to stock up
Our terrorist alert level is down, but the alcohol alert level is now high.
Woah that means Scavier are millionaires Sweet :P.

60 000 x 48 was what I did because of canadian dollar but 24 pounds and they're still millionaire in pounds xD.
yup... I can't wait to try this game when it makes it to beta...... though I'm happy to have invested in its early stages of alpha......

seems a little slow on development these days though...... too much port and stilton maybe

Seriously though... I see this game as a sellable game and therefore not Alpha or beta.......

best value for money game I've bought though ....
-
(SpikeyMarcoD) DELETED by SpikeyMarcoD
Quote from StableX :yup... I can't wait to try this game when it makes it to beta...... though I'm happy to have invested in its early stages of alpha......

seems a little slow on development these days though...... too much port and stilton maybe

Seriously though... I see this game as a sellable game and therefore not Alpha or beta.......

best value for money game I've bought though ....

Thats opposed to iRacing being Most money for a game you bought?
Quote from danowat :Oh christ, TVE in the country?, give me some warning mate!!!!

Instead of beating you up for that statement I'll take with me my running shoes, and we'll battle it down

Quote from The Moose :.........and warn the breweries to stock up

Sounds like an exelent idea :bannana_g
-
(Thunderhead) DELETED by Thunderhead
Quote :What about 22-23 august, I am pretty sure I can come then?
But again, nothing certainly, but would actually love to take a beer and have some fun with some people here.
But may I ask, is there a sober party, like cookies and soda, or do we talk party-party?

Anf congratulation with new miss Becky

it'll be a small partay, nothing fancy but much alchohol involved. If you do come over well maybe extend it a bit with some other activity I dunno yet, hard to think coz I'm writing this on my phone propped up against the misses' back and she's asking 'WTF You Doing?'

maybe A few other LFS'rs might want to come too, I dunno, LFS Picnic in the Park 2009 don't sound that awesome next to the meets does it...
It'd be something different from the karting i suppose... Plus, you can drink, and probably not die, out of a kart
Quote from The Very End :Instead of beating you up for that statement I'll take with me my running shoes, and we'll battle it down

You'll beat me hands down!!!.

Seriously though, if you are in the country, you are welcome to visit sleepy ol' Norfolk
Thanks to you three above

Actually, I am not in need of doing anything if I am there, to just say "hi", chat some, drink some and be social with you people would be more than enough reason for me to come down there.

Oh god, I can immagine what horrifying gibberish english that might come out my mouth after some beers

Neverthless, I would be trilled if I would be able to make this. Lets say I somewhat manage to be down in england on friday evening, then we "cool" around and maybe chat some at the evening before bedtime. Then on saturday the long haunted and horryfing "LFS party of DOOM" on some local pup down at your place. (By doom I mean of course nothing negative, but I can just immagine it would be a awesome evening for a lot of trashtalk and wasted faces around).

Thumbs up for the suggestion Becky, if work is sorted out, count me in
Well i'm next to a pub where i'm told the food is great (unlike my cooking, which appears to have left the misses ill in bed this morning). There's a lovely park, so a picnic if the weather is nice, somebody will bring a ball or rounders bat or some such if the weather is nice i'm sure. For those staying a little longer/whole weekend i'll throw some films on the home cinema (I have a projector, about 7-8ft or so screen), with a few lappies maybe we can get some FPS gaming in or we do whatever evolves naturally. Crash space is limited but all are welcome and there's camping about a mile away.

An LFS Social gathering in the East of Blighty. If people are interested i'll organise it seeing as I have to put a party together anyway.
Someone needs to change the thread title to , "What an amazing party"
Hehe

Well, I if I am lucky I will have free the whole weekend, so then I can probally somehow plan it to travvel down on thueseday night, and be there from Friday day until sunday evening or something.
We'll see how it turns out, but would be great. Good food and alkohol evening, and one day just relaxing in the park / cinema / whatever really seems as a good iea
Quote from The Widget :I hate to have to run through the numbers but before people start thinking the devs are millionaires:
59x * £24 = £1,416,000
9x * £12 = £108,000 (the devs last said there were still around 10k S1 licences)
Total revenue: £1,524,000

Operating costs have been estimated by the devs themselves at approximately 50%:
£762,000 income for devs, assuming no funds are left to build up in the company (unlikely)

Assuming equal 3 way split:
£254,000 each

Now divide that equally over the 7 years spent on the project:
£36,286 per annum

A comfortable wage, but they are certainly not millionaires. The occasionally rumoured abandonment of LFS to run away and live in the Bahamas is unlikely to materialise anytime soon.

You're assuming they've worked full-time for seven years on LFS, which is unlikely judging by the frequency of the updates.
Quote from petercollins :You're assuming they've worked full-time for seven years on LFS, which is unlikely judging by the frequency of the updates.

They actually did.
#45 - SamH
Quote from petercollins :You're assuming they've worked full-time for seven years on LFS, which is impossible to extrapolate with any meaningfulness on the frequency of the updates.

Corrected for you.

[edit]: ::Smirks@Bob::
Quote from petercollins :You're assuming they've worked full-time for seven years on LFS, which is unlikely judging by the frequency of the updates.

Regardless of how much holiday time they may or may not have taken*, if they've not had any other jobs, then those figures are still their income and still apply.

* Frequency of patches is no indicator of amount of work done by the devs, IMO. The longer between patches, the more work has usually been put into them.

Edit: beaten by seconds!
Also don't forget that they will be paying tax just like the rest of us also. How much will depend on how good their accountants are
Accountants don't come cheap either
Corperation tax has to be paid by the company and Income tax by the devs, or at least NI payments

Corperation tax used to be 19% (of profits) I think this went up to 20% couple years back (not sure tho)
Not sure about V A T especially as some of the company directors live+work outside the UK.

I would have thought Gereldene would/should be taking a wage also

SD.
No we aren't cheap

But a good one will save you money which should make it win win

Corporation tax is currently at 21% for small companies but to be fair we don't know if they are incorporated or not. I haven't seen Ltd or the line "Scavier is the trading name of xxxxx ltd. Incorporated in England No. xxxxxx" Which is a legal requirement on invoices and some other stuff. If it was on my email receipt for my s2 licence I don't remember it.

All this being said, none of us actually know what is being earned and I don't think it is the sort of thing that should be discussed here. I probably shouldn't have even joined in with my point about tax.
Quote from menantoll :
All this being said, none of us actually know what is being earned and I don't think it is the sort of thing that should be discussed here. I probably shouldn't have even joined in with my point about tax.

Very true, but it think it was worth a mention, for some of the younger players here think all money is profit

SD.

What an amazing race game:D
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG