The online racing simulator
Ammo shortage (USA thread sort of)
(28 posts, started )
Has anyone noticed it? I can't seem to find any bulks or cases.

Any ideas what happened or when it might go back to normal?
Credit Crunch?
No idea. Guns aren't my thing.

But Jerry's Gun Shop around the corner is still in buisness, so i guess people are still buying.

And now I googled it. yes, it appears to be a real shortage. Caused by police firing lots of practice rounds. or people stocking up, fearing regulation. or Mexican drug cartels. or the military. and on and on and on, many ridiculous theories.

but the most plausible is that people are buying them all.
Nah, it's a conspiracy of the communist Obama administration to disarm the people so they can reign at will!
Quote from ColeusRattus :Nah, it's a conspiracy of the communist Obama administration to disarm the people so they can reign at will!

disarming people would be the stupidest thing to do, kills would come alot more brutal then
now it might be a shot to head but id they would disarm ppl it would be hitting someone to head with an axe
#7 - CSU1
Quote from batteryy :disarming people would be the stupidest thing to do, kills would come alot more brutal then
now it might be a shot to head but id they would disarm ppl it would be hitting someone to head with an axe

This seems to be Obama's plan, I was watching an interview last night and he plans to ban arms in all states replacing them with inflateable rubber axes and hammers - he firmly believes this will make America a safer place

*can't wait* for the robberys 'caught on tape' - 'man enters drug store and beats poor shop assistand silly with rubber axe'

LOL!
Yeah Obama is really a silly communist, everybody and the cat too know that as of now USA is pretty much the safest country of the whole world thanks to pervasive weapon presence.

Right, I guess I should've googled it. Yes the gun shops are still in business because they are selling ammo. But they cannot seem to get enough in to really spread it around.. I'm just wondering why they say "we had it but... It's all gone now". I've went 15 minutes after they've opened and didn't manage to get anything... I even went to walmart at 6 in the morning and waited for them to stock.

I've got plenty of ammo and every now and then i'll find a box of 50 or 25, I actually got a case of 500 rounds of .45 ACP for 245 dollars... i'll pay two or three times as much for it... If I can get it. I haven't had much luck with 9mm Luger, 9mm largo, .40 S&W, .223 or .357 sig ( they do have magnum alot of times, so it's a good buy ).

Walmart seems to have alot of shotgun shells, i've noticed.
Quote from CSU1 :This seems to be Obama's plan, I was watching an interview last night and he plans to ban arms in all states replacing them with inflateable rubber axes and hammers - he firmly believes this will make America a safer place

*can't wait* for the robberys 'caught on tape' - 'man enters drug store and beats poor shop assistand silly with rubber axe'

LOL!

Wasn't exactly caught on tape, but someone tried to rob a gas station with a banana a few weeks ago trying to pass it off as a gun. The Cashier pulled out a shotgun on him and had him stay in the store until the police arrived.
Quote from runeman :Right, I guess I should've googled it. Yes the gun shops are still in business because they are selling ammo. But they cannot seem to get enough in to really spread it around.. I'm just wondering why they say "we had it but... It's all gone now". I've went 15 minutes after they've opened and didn't manage to get anything... I even went to walmart at 6 in the morning and waited for them to stock.

I've got plenty of ammo and every now and then i'll find a box of 50 or 25, I actually got a case of 500 rounds of .45 ACP for 245 dollars... i'll pay two or three times as much for it... If I can get it. I haven't had much luck with 9mm Luger, 9mm largo, .40 S&W, .223 or .357 sig ( they do have magnum alot of times, so it's a good buy ).

Walmart seems to have alot of shotgun shells, i've noticed.

feal sry for u thank god finland doesnt have any obama ripping off the great sport of shooting+hunting
Quote from runeman :Has anyone noticed it? I can't seem to find any bulks or cases.

Any ideas what happened or when it might go back to normal?

I herd they've been using 'em up fast in Iraq for the last couple of years.
Quote from spankmeyer :I herd they've been using 'em up fast in Iraq for the last couple of years.

Well yeah, but I think they use ammo from only one factory that isn't even at full capacity. Or so google says. After 5 minutes of searching, I'm kinda an expert on the subject now.
I made my own .45 ACP ammo when I shot in Bullseye Pistol competition. Get a press, some bullet heads, cases, powder, and primers and get to work.
Quote from Forbin :I made my own .45 ACP ammo when I shot in Bullseye Pistol competition. Get a press, some bullet heads, cases, powder, and primers and get to work.

that might be hard the bullet will very likely go half a meter to the side or smthing unless you got a really good luck and happen to make a round that suits perfectly the gun
Why is that? It's really not that complicated. There are specs for both the shape of the round and pressure. Important shape specs include overall length (OAL) of the fully assembled cartridge, case diamater, and case crimp. Pressure is a function of the amount of powder, the case volume, and the bullet seat depth. Stay within spec and chances are you won't need to tweak much, either in the firearm or the round if at all, to fire that round in just about any firearm designed for that spec. And once you get all of this stuff set up properly on your press, the press makes pretty much the same round every time.
#17 - CSU1
...so how long would it take to make ~50 rounds Forbin?
I averaged 200 .45 ACP rounds in an hour with a Dillon 550B press. I'd say about 20 minutes for 50 rounds. That's assuming the press is already set up and your bullet heads are already made or bought from a supplier.
#19 - CSU1
assuming the materials cost little or nothing and as said above an average of about $2 a round seems well worth ones while.

What about artillary shells and sidewinder missiles?

I know someone who wants some?
no they want to pass a bill or have done so that will REGISTER bullets
so they can get traced from manufacture-distribution and sale.
the cases will have an ID on them as will the slug or whatever. so everyone is buying up before this happens and the fear the 2nd ammendment (right to have and bear arms...etc.) will be "reinterpreted"
well so says my brother and father who have been stockpiling because of this.
Quote from GT Touring : well so says my brother and father who have been stockpiling because of this.

Guess who's benefitting from this the most
Quote from batteryy :that might be hard the bullet will very likely go half a meter to the side or smthing unless you got a really good luck and happen to make a round that suits perfectly the gun

The fact he said he made his own ammo for competition shooting would make me think he knows what he's doing in terms of accuracy. More than you anyway with that sort of post...
Quote from amp88 :The fact he said he made his own ammo for competition shooting would make me think he knows what he's doing in terms of accuracy. More than you anyway with that sort of post...

oh, i red hes post again, i didnt notice that he talked about pistols. according to the post you just did im sorry if you got somehow offended about what i said. i was talking about a completely different type of ammo
Rifle cartridges aren't much different from pistol when it comes to assembling them. There are some special details regarding the neck dimensions and powder compaction, but besides that, the process is the same.
They don't let us just buy guns willy nilly over here, teenagers like to shoot other teenagers you see.

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG