The online racing simulator
Man City
(17 posts, started )
Man City
What a joke they are. Buying up every scrounging no-mark they can find for millions of pounds in the sad hope of getting into the Champions League!

I pray to God they fail miserably next season. They are even worse than Chelski for the mercenaries, and I never thought I'd say that.

I can't wait for them to make a bollix of it!
They will fail miserably. They need descent players not old or useless ones like Tevez or Ronaldinho
Quote from petercollins :What a joke they are. Buying up every scrounging no-mark they can find for millions of pounds in the sad hope of getting into the Champions League!

I pray to God they fail miserably next season. They are even worse than Chelski for the mercenaries, and I never thought I'd say that.

I can't wait for them to make a bollix of it!

Couldn't agree more. I also hope Madrid fail as well.....
its all about chelsea
I know what you mean, but you can't blame them though, they are loaded now. Look at chelsea, when they roman bought them, it was only two years later they lifted the premiership trophy...
Quote from trebor901 :They will fail miserably. They need descent players not old or useless ones like Tevez or Ronaldinho

That's a statement a 6 year old would come out with. Well done.
no think about it, Man Utd didnt fight to resign Tevez because he wasnt really that good.
Him being overpriced doesn't make him "useless". Christiano Ronaldo was also overpriced by normal standards, Kaka too. United not being prepared to spend that kind of money does not make those players "useless".

Funny how all the United fans were Tevez's biggest admirers all last season. "Get rid of Berbatov! Keep Tevez!!!". "Oh, we can't keep him? we don't want him, he's rubbish anyway".

I don't think City will do much next season though. It won't be long till the people behind the money realise they need to sign a proper manager either, someone with experience of running a team with these aspirations and wealth. Possibly one of the several Chelsea managers to get the bullet during the 09-10 season.
#9 - 5haz
Quote from niall09 :That's a statement a football fan would come out with. Well done.

Fixed for ya.
Quote from trebor901 :no think about it, Man Utd didnt fight to resign Tevez because he wasnt really that good.

Oh come on Tevez was utd's best player in the last 3rd of the season, so calling him shit because he did not resign for utd is utter useless plus one off his main reason for leaving was to be in the first 11 every game which he did not get at utd.

Strikers:

Robinho
Craig Bellamy
Roque Santa Cruz
Benjani
Caicedo
Carlos Tevez
Emmanuel Adebayor (potentially).

So he is screwed if he went to city for more change of getting a starting spot every game/
im a Man Utd fan and all last season i was wondering why Tevez was still there
Quote from trebor901 :im a Man Utd fan and all last season i was wondering why Tevez was still there

I was wondering why he was still there too, because a player like that should be given first team football any time he is not injured. Tevez is a brilliant player, he always gives 100% and never gives up. Man Utd have come out of this in brilliant condition though, they have enough money to buy Newcastle United and they have a replacement Ronaldo and a new bench warmer (Owen). As for Man City, they have the money so you can't blame them for spending it. The problem is they seem to just be grabbing the best superstars they can get, and not focusing on putting together a great team. The best player they had last season was Ireland, and he wasn't a big name that cost millions.
Quote from trebor901 :no think about it, Man Utd didnt fight to resign Tevez because he wasnt really that good.

Isn't it weird that "resign" can mean to sign up again (re-sign), or to be booted out (I'm resigning)....never noticed that before!
i meant re-sign stop getting picky on grammar
Quote from trebor901 :im a Man Utd fan and all last season i was wondering why Tevez was still there

Most other Utd fans seem to remember it that way too. Funny that since they were all singing his praises all last season. Loads of banners pleading with him to stay, "the only signature we need this summer" they all said.

Funny old game.
What we can learn from this is thus - Fans are fickle, stupid idiots who believe they know everything, but at the end of the day they know hee-haw.

Case in point - Darren Fletcher. 3/4 years ago, he was being hounded by the Man Utd fans, declared the worst footballer to ever where the Man Utd shirt and was only in the team because he was Scottish and that Sir Alex Ferguson was Scottish also. Fast forward a couple of season we have the same fans now singing his praise and hailing him as the missing link in the midfield and possibly being the replacement for Roy Keane.

Case in point – Newcastle United Fans. Years ago, while under the reign of Fat Freddy Shepard, the majority fans were constantly hounding him and wanted him out of the club, eventually Mike Ashely comes into the frame and everything is rosey, King Keegan is back and everything is good. 4 months latter the dog mess hits the fans (not literally speaking of course) and everyone wants Ashely out, who comes in as potential replacement, Fat Freddy Shepard, with fans on sky news saying that he would be the one to return glory to Newcastle.

I could go on, as you see it every single Sat up and down the country, and I and everyone else, are guilty of this. To say otherwise make you a hypocrite at best, a complete and utter wanker at worst.

p.s. can a mod merge this into the General Football Discussion Thread please.
well as a supporter of wrexham, which is quite possibly the only club that has ever put its self in administration despite being able to meet its debts purely to stop its owner trashing it and selling off its ground, you don't know how lucky you all are.

if he hadnt thrown a wobbler and resigned as chief exec at a board meeting which gave the other directors two weeks to put the club in admin before he could vote himself back in, we would now be playing on our training ground and the worlds oldest international football stadium still in use would now be a housing estate

Man City
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG