The online racing simulator
Unrestartable Server
(8 posts, started )
Unrestartable Server
I have a feature request for a dedicated server option to prevent players voting to restart.

The purpose for this, and my furstration of the last 2 days which lead me to ask for the feature, is that I setup a server to do full race distance testing for the league i'm in and twice have had players logon and immediately vote restart sucessfully whilst I was mid&late stint.

Despite the server name "Long Run Testing (DONT RESTART)" and my polite hotkeyed message to the same effect. Sadly it has happened twice and one didn't speak English...

Of course I could test offline, but i've found the majority of players coming on do get the idea and actually logged on 'because' the server offered long runs giving them a chance to test their setups for the upcoming event.
Iirc there is already an option to disallow voting alltogether...
That stops kicks and bans but does not seem to effect end race/qualify and restart votes, sadly :/
Well you could edit the SETUP.CFG for the dedicated server and change the following line:

//no restart for X seconds after race start
/rstmin=0

set that to 1800 and players will not be able to restart for 30 minutes after race start. I have not tested the value past 60 (1 minute) so I'm not sure if it will work for an extended time period.

Nice to find out, though

300 (5 minutes) is the cap on rstmin :/
damn, so there is a limit.
Is there a server admin command to cancel a resart (or even kick/ban vote)? That would be a good feature to implement. That way when you are admin of the server and someone votes, when it counts down, you could type "/cancel" and it would, well, cancel.

Same with when an idiot comes in and randomly votes to ban someone and you get the followers hitting "1". Then as admin, you can cancel the ban vote.
#8 - Lible
Yup, there is. It's called escape. It stops every vote, kick, ban, restart, qualify, etc. You can also stop when it's on 3 2 1 count.

Unrestartable Server
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG