The online racing simulator
NDR Summer Event: Protests and Penalties and Replay
If you have a protest, make it here.

Plese provide all of the following:

Lap AND timecode (from posted mpr after race) of incident
Car(s) involved:
Your brief description of the incident.

Do not discuss in this thread, do that in the post-race thread.

You may post incidents during the race if you have the chance to.

You may find the official race replay at either of these two links: FileFront or SendSpace - whichever you prefer or get the best speeds from.
#2 - G!NhO
Is it also possible to report people for acting like a d*ck after the race?
Quote from G!NhO :Is it also possible to report people for acting like a d*ck after the race?

Don't think so... It doesn't infuence the results, the race was already over.
Quote from G!NhO :Is it also possible to report people for acting like a d*ck after the race?

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Don't think so... It doesn't infuence the results, the race was already over.

You could, because it could fall under Personal Behavior in the NDR Sporting Code, but why would you want me to handle it when you could try addressing it via PMs to the competitors ?

:P
Server-side replay linked in the OP of this thread.

Please use timecodes from the timeline in that mpr for your protests.

d
I want to sue my ISP for all the fun taken from me by all these disconnects.
Lap AND timecode (from posted mpr after race) of incident: Lap 1
Car(s) involved: Niki and Myself.
Your brief description of the incident: Niki crashed us clear as day. I can't believe the admins didn't give him a drive through. I mean that was a clear cut case of taking someone out because he knew he wouldn't have the pace to stick with us over the long part of the run. Typically ole Niki...
#8 - J@tko
Quote from BigTime :Lap AND timecode (from posted mpr after race) of incident: Lap 1
Your brief description of the incident: Niki crashed us clear as day. I can't believe the admins didn't give him a drive through. I mean that was a clear cut case of taking someone out because he knew he wouldn't have the pace to stick with us over the long part of the run. Typically ole Niki...

I was the one who investigated this incident right after it happened, and decided it was a racing incident.

I've just reviewed the replay again and stand by my original decision.

I can, however, from on-board your car see how you, at the time, thought it was Niki's fault, as he appeared to cut right across the front of your car. However, Niki was right on the right edge of the track, and you did have plenty of room to your left. There was certainly no major sudden left turn from Niki, he turned back to nearly central after the left kink, just moving his car across to the left slightly as he was on the edge and the next corner was a right. I certainly don't think it was intentional, and you could have always moved over to the left. Your nose was already past his rear, and there was no reason why you needed to be right next to him - he would always move left coming into the corner anyway.
Quote from BigTime :Lap AND timecode (from posted mpr after race) of incident: Lap 1

I am going to review this incident very soon, and make a decision that will stand as final, even if it contradicts what was said in the race or in this or any other thread. I have the final say in this case.

deko
Quote from J@tko :
However, Niki was right on the right edge of the track, and you did have plenty of room to your left. There was certainly no major sudden left turn from Niki, he turned back to nearly central after the left kink, just moving his car across to the left slightly as he was on the edge and the next corner was a right. I certainly don't think it was intentional, and you could have always moved over to the left. Your nose was already past his rear, and there was no reason why you needed to be right next to him - he would always move left coming into the corner anyway.

He was on the right hand side of the track and I drafted by him. As soon as I got side by side he pulled to the left hand side of the track. I mean, do you really think he expected me to pull hard left and go right to the curb for the entry of the next corner, the second I passed his bumper? You have to fade to the entry point, not jerk it into position like a track day rookie. It's clear enough in the broadcast, but just look from the overhead...

I don't want a ruling on the matter, but I want it to be clear that it really doesn't matter if I squeezed him or not... You cannot run into someone, drive them up the track 3 lanes, into the grass, putting themselves in the perfect position for corner entry, and view that to be an "okay" move from the protest perspective. It even gave us damage, that cost us .5 of a lap or more at the end of the stint.
First 2 are from the same time shot, last 3 are from about another half second on.
Attached images
lfs_00000146.jpg
lfs_00000147.jpg
lfs_00000148.jpg
lfs_00000149.jpg
lfs_00000150.jpg
He turns left, doesn't he?
Quote from TexasLTU :He turns left, doesn't he?

in comparison to nolan, and the other cars, yes.
Quote :It really doesn't matter if I squeezed him or not... You cannot run into someone, drive them up the track 3 lanes, into the grass, putting themselves in the perfect position for corner entry, and view that to be an "okay" move from the protest perspective.

I don't know how your reviewing this incident, or others, but you give me the impression you are looking at something that isn't a cause of the accident in the first place. First of all I didn't squeeze, he had more than 2 lanes of tarmac... Secondly, read the quote.

I still don't see what J@tko is getting at, but it doesn't really matter. Let the protest die, it's really not necessary for us to bicker about it anyways. I should have just let sleeping dogs lie, but I was a little tired and pissed off when I made the protest... It's still clearly a takeout maneuver, but it's not really important considering he didn't even finish the race.
Nolan for earths sake: when i gradually started turning left, (gradually because I wanted you to see me going left) after maybe 0.5 sec (i dont know the exact time delay, i didn't measure it in replay, i'm just assuming by as far as i can remember, but there is some time delay for sure) when you pulled aside (small time delay to give you time to see me turning left), you were supposed to start turning left too or contact would be unavoidable. Instead you sticked to the line, cars came together and the rest wasn't very controllable.
So, please, to say that I turned into you and drove you off track is a nonsense.

I use 93 FOV and I didn't see you in my left mirror anymore, so I also assume you were going to the left side of the track, slowly
I also used left view to ensure that you aren't right next to me.
And in last case, even if you were next to me, after ensuring you're not, somewhere as you were I did all you can read above in first part of my post to avoid the collision and give myself better position to keep the place.

Additional comments about me not being able to follow your pace and alluding on typical ole Niki is pure disrespectful behavior. TBH I hope there is some kind of penalty for that.
Quote from N I K I :Nolan for earths sake: when i gradually started turning left, (gradually because I wanted you to see me going left) after maybe 0.5 sec (i dont know the exact time delay, i didn't measure it in replay, i'm just assuming by as far as i can remember, but there is some time delay for sure) when you pulled aside (small time delay to give you time to see me turning left), you were supposed to start turning left too or contact would be unavoidable. Instead you sticked to the line, cars came together and the rest wasn't very controllable.
So, please, to say that I turned into you and drove you off track is a nonsense.

I don't want to get in the middle of this, because I see it as pointless to argue over a one-off event but........ you contradicted yourself there.
lol it might look like that, i thought turned into you to drive you off track i didnt do
Quote from N I K I :Nolan for earths sake: when i gradually started turning left, (gradually because I wanted you to see me going left) after maybe 0.5 sec (i dont know the exact time delay, i didn't measure it in replay, i'm just assuming by as far as i can remember, but there is some time delay for sure) when you pulled aside (small time delay to give you time to see me turning left), you were supposed to start turning left too or contact would be unavoidable. Instead you sticked to the line, cars came together and the rest wasn't very controllable.

You turned, Nolan held his line = you turned into Nolan and bumped him off the track.

There is no "supposed to" re: Nolan turning. He has the right to hold whatever line he likes on a straight.

I'm sure the accident wasn't intentional on your part, but your argument here is ridiculous.
As Phil said, this is a one-off event that really isn't worth bickering about. Let's learn from this and move on.

My opinion still stands.

NDR Summer Event: Protests and Penalties and Replay
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG