The online racing simulator
Friend's LFS demo crashing.
(8 posts, started )
This may seem like a bug but he has a Celeron 2.8Ghz processor and onboard GFX. He can play games like "rise of Nations" on high settings with his onboard Sound and video so is this possibly whats crashing the game? If he can get it to work he'll pay for the S2 license.
got any more specs?
gfx card brand? graphics memory (shared with system ram)
computer ram?
when does LFS crash? mid race? title screen? doesnt load at all?

First thing to do, if he hasnt already, is download and install updated drivers for all his pc components (motherboard, sound and vid).

a few more details might help people dignose your mates problem
Instead of posting a non working link, you do'nt even post one at all.
I have no info on his onboard gfx but I am guessing its pretty crappy, but it does play the game for a few minutes. He says its mid-race. I don't have anymore info on his computer because I haven't had a chance to look at it for more than a few minutes.
As you might know LFS is very CPU intensive. It could be that his CPU is getting too hot and becomes unstable. It may sound stupid but I know someone who's pc shut down automatically because the CPU used to get to 110degrees C. So check the cooling out, see if its doing the job.
Most of my games crashes if I don`t have enough memory to run the game, but usually it`s becouse of game settings, not becouse of my computer.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from pb32000 :As you might know LFS is very CPU intensive. It could be that his CPU is getting too hot and becomes unstable. It may sound stupid but I know someone who's pc shut down automatically because the CPU used to get to 110degrees C. So check the cooling out, see if its doing the job.

im running my dads old pc with a 2800 athlon, the pc he had before this one caught fire due to a dodgy motherboard, so this one has so many fans and a drive bay fan controller, and just to be on the safe side he set the auto shut off on the area in the CPU's heatsink (it has a little thermometer, that was the nearest we could get it!) at 56 degrees C, there fore most games run fine, the gfx card does most of the work, but in GTA SA it made the cpu run hotter than usual, i got about 2 warning blibs, didnt know what they were, so looked at my phone, turn round and my pc is off! took me ages to realise it was that!
Have him send you a DxDiag.txt file so we can see his system's specs

-----

To obtain your DXDiag.txt:

-Click Start, click Run, and then type in dxdiag

-A dialog should appear; This is your DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

-At the bottom of the dialog you will see a Save All Information button.
Click that to save the information to your Hard drive (dxdiag.txt)

-Attach that dxdiag.txt file here in a reply

Also make sure you find out what programs he has running in the background (like virus programs, tools, apps, whatever....)

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG