The online racing simulator
whats legal to do in lfs and whats not
lets start with, is every 'miscelaneous addon' and 'unofficial addon' in this forum legal? i know the basic answer is no...but how do i know when it is illeagal? in the terms of agreement, it said...well...i forget *gets nervous and tries to think of a different way to put it* so can i put different headlights/interiors/tail lights/horns? and without creating a new thread, i have one more thing to ask, is there any way to have more than one out-gauge output, because i have multiple adons that require it. thank you for answers :biggrin:
Don't you dare to get my lisenced banned!!
Well basically, editing that changes shapes, performance or can at any way be an advantage/exploit/risk to other people online is a no-no.
The ok things are usually just polished things that allready are in LFS, like textures and such. Programs like LFSTweak is in the grey zone, but is for now allowed as long as you don't upload hotlaps with it.
Quote from The Very End :Don't you dare to get my lisenced banned!!
Well basically, editing that changes shapes, performance or can at any way be an advantage/exploit/risk to other people online is a no-no.
The ok things are usually just polished things that allready are in LFS, like textures and such. Programs like LFSTweak is in the grey zone, but is for now allowed as long as you don't upload hotlaps with it.

thank you for the liscense that i WONT get banned (insert razz here[smileys still not working]) what about the lights, and dont worry about lfs-tweak, i cant figure out how to apply the settings anyway haha
Hehe But basically mate, anything that can help you gain unfair advantages in the game is a no-no. Rest is invidually judget. Also car shape - change is not allowed, but a lot of user's that uses it tho.
LFSTweak and other performance-mods are 100% OK in single player.
car body shape is a no-no, darn, anybody have the origional dds files :frown:
-
(StableX) DELETED by SamH : NOT permitted
I don't have the original DDS files anymore. Most of them are changed with high-res stuff
Edit, you can of course use the stuff from there, just don't speak about it our shout on forum that you are using it
-
(logitekg25) DELETED by SamH : Unacceptable discussion
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by SamH : No
As i said before someone deleted it, offline i guess you can do what you want as nobody would know, and as for online, i doubt it would work anyway, as the server would know that something is modded, just like it does with tweak, but if you could get on, then im guesing it would be how sounds and interiors work, so other people would see their files, so normal shaped cars, whereas you would see all modded shaped cars with messed up skins.

Anyway, logitek, you can get the standard DDS files back from the lfs database i think
#9 - dadge
thank you guys, but can i a: get away with differed interiors, and lights, and b: get another outgauge slot going?
-
(E55_AMG) DELETED by Bob Smith : ???
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by Bob Smith : ???
You can alter/replace textures and sounds as much as you like (jpg, dds, raw [skies/reflections iirc], wav, ogg etc) as they do not affect gameplay physics in any way.
Things that modify physics including tuning, the shape of cars/objects, the behaviour of cars/objects are a no-no online (except possibly in private servers where everyone has the same mods).

As for OutGauge, I think there are one or two OutGauge relays about that allow you to use multiple OutGauge programs at the same time. I can't think of any specifically off the top of my head, but take a look in the programmers forum.

And MPEG is indeed a range of sound/video compression/container formats...
Quote from Degats :You can alter/replace textures and sounds as much as you like (jpg, dds, raw [skies/reflections iirc], wav, ogg etc) as they do not affect gameplay physics in any way.
Things that modify physics including tuning, the shape of cars/objects, the behaviour of cars/objects are a no-no online (except possibly in private servers where everyone has the same mods).

As for OutGauge, I think there are one or two OutGauge relays about that allow you to use multiple OutGauge programs at the same time. I can't think of any specifically off the top of my head, but take a look in the programmers forum.

And MPEG is indeed a range of sound/video compression/container formats...

PERFECT answer!! thank you very much
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by Bob Smith : no longer relevant
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by Bob Smith : as before
Quote from logitekg25 :lets start with, is every 'miscelaneous addon' and 'unofficial addon' in this forum legal?

Everything that is posted on this forum and stays here for longer than a few hours is most likely "legal" since a moderator would have seen it in that time and deleted it if it wasn't legal.

And as dan said, I guess you can also use those "other" things without fear of anything as long as you don't go around posting screenshots of it on the forum. Although it is beyond me why someone would want to do that as 99,9% of it looks ridiculous.
Exactly zeug, the majority of these VOB mods do look hideous, plus they are the same car underneath anyway so kinda pointless.

As for what is legal to talk about and what isnt, i commented twice now to a post in here where someone mentioned something about MPEG being used for interiors or something and i said no, MPEG is an audio/video format, and i also put that i thought he might have meant JPEG after thinking about it for a while, but thats wrong anyway because they are in DDS format, and that keeps getting removed from this thread for no apparent reason.
Quote from logitekg25 :.....(insert razz here[smileys still not working]) .....

When posting, uncheck "Disable smilies in text"
Attached images
untitled.jpg
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Or just type : razz : without the gaps lol

Jason, you failed the test mate. im sorry
Quote from JasonJ :When posting, uncheck "Disable smilies in text"

it was my browser, dont feel like editing all of those posts that i did something like that

Quote from danthebangerboy :Or just type : razz : without the gaps lol

Jason, you failed the test mate. im sorry

sometimes it doesnt work when i do that...or atleast it doesnt go where i want

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG