The online racing simulator
RAC setup that actually goes around corners??
I am competing in a short oval race tonight using the RAC, and i am having trouble trying to set the car up.

I either get hideous understeer, even at speeds as low as 25mph for some reason, or i get snap oversteer, i don't mind the oversteer as much as at least that way i can slide around the corner, but putting myself into the fence while trying to turn right at little more than cycling pace is now beginning to annoy me!

I have done what i do with other cars to combat the understeer, ie, cambering the outside front wheel so the bottom of the wheel is kicked right out, but it made little or no difference.

I have attached the setup i am using,the track layout that will be raced on (10 lap heats, 15 lap final) and a replay of me trying to drive on it so you can see what i mean, as the only time i got the car to corner anywhere near how i want it to is on the final bend of lap 8.

If anyone could give me any setup tips on making this thing actually turn in properly then i would be very grateful indeed.

Many thanks in advance!
Attached files
RAC_banger.set - 132 B - 1196 views
BL3_banger.lyt - 1.3 KB - 275 views
rac.spr - 109.2 KB - 365 views
i got a semi-good setup, with slight understeer, but it doesnt ovesteer too much unless you do something that i forget right now remind me and i will get it to you
#3 - heson
I have not driven the RAC much with the latest revisions of the physics, but in the old age I drove it a lot and found that if you concentrate on the large rear end and how it moves and makes sure the inertia is working your way, it's very rewarding and mentally exhausting.

I found this in some thread RAC_axus_Blackwood2.set and its very good and is for modern physics. Do a search in the forum and you might find it.
Hi

This is my generic set for proper racing. It's quite gently on tires and it's pretty quick.
Attached files
RAC_mahtava setti.set - 132 B - 1425 views
You must listen that man...he has got WR whit RAC
Setup name tells even more
Quote from EliteAti :Setup name tells even more

...Not very much to non-finns
Anyway, downloaded!
Well,thats means: Awesome set
Something I have tried and found to work well is adding balast weight to the front of the RAC to achieve a more 50/50 weight balance to tune the suspension for a more nuetral handling.

Best of luck, I can't find any of my sets at the moment but if I come across one I will post it up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG