The online racing simulator
IGTC Layouts
You have a track layout for next round at Kyoto ready ?
Not yet. We're still discussing how to handle the chicane.
MoE layout?
I told DWB that he should just put up red/white barriers and make people actually have to slow down to take it properly like they should anyway, and because I like making evil suggestions.

He didn't agree.

Quote from dekojester :I told DWB that he should just put up red/white barriers and make people actually have to slow down to take it properly like they should anyway, and because I like making evil suggestions.

He didn't agree.

I would like to be forced to slow down, but not because of barriers.
yah, slow it down imo, will help me try to avoid chicane and not get damage
meh, poles on the inside where the curbs are, but just leave the exit open as you dont gain any time by cutting it, and you cant purposely cut to go quicker
Dont' handle the chicane at all. Thanks to that everybody who gets damage sucks ass and cutting sucks ass because you suck ass when you get damage which comes by cutting. ugh im drunk
In all likelihood there will be poles on the sandy side, spaced far enough from the curb to make it so you can go 2 wheels in the dirt/2 wheels on the pavement. In quali, hitting the poles will invalidate your lap. In the race, you'd have to be repeatedly going 4-in-the-dirt to have action taken against you.
Ok since we are prepared to get a DT anyway that sounds fine :P
put a marshall there
uuuuh thats so mean :O
i think i'd be more worried about cutting the left part of the chicane over the astroturf rather the exit on the sand. imho you don't gain anything by having all 4 wheels on the sand on exit except for dirty tyres. you will, however, gain up to 3 or 4 tenths if you cut the left part properly
#14 - troy
i thought it auto spectated drivers so never used it
For example you have cut there once before, and later you have incident in that turn with someone what takes your car into the zone there, then you will get DT for nothing actually, if I'm right.
Correct and its the reason i dont like any automated systems really.
yo, what if we don't put anything there and let people cut if they really have to.
i see it as a pretty simple view - basically, yes you can gain time cutting on the left, but also run a very high risk of getting damage. obviously you can cut on the right, through the sand, a little bit might be faster, no risk of damage here, but if you cut too much you lose time anyway because the sand slows the car down.
basically you can cut to gain your 0.2 or 0.3x of time, but you also run the risk of getting damage.
that way everybody is happy, admins don't have to decide whether or not to serve out penatlies, and the race would be in jeopardy from drivers making the mistake and paying for it in damage, rather than the admins serving out a DT or a time penalty.
although, for the last corner onto the straight, i think there should be some cones or poles there, because you can cut straight over that and get bugger all damage.

edit: that's for the race. for qual i think you should have poles on cuttable areas so it's fair for everyone and noone says "oh i cut but he cut another 10mm further than me that's unfair" kinda thing
+1, good idea
+2.
Seems sensible enough to me.

The problem is that cutting doesn't only endanger you, it endangers any cars following you, if you end up spinning across the track after your sand trap adventure.
mm, you're right.
i just figured the way i said would make life easier for admins and drivers
Quote from [DUcK] :mm, you're right.
i just figured the way i said would make life easier for admins and drivers

I think it would be easier as well. Only time I would see it an issue is at start of race or after a SC when all the cars are bunched up.

Other than that I think it is worth the risk.
sounds like the best idea to me, bredz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG