The online racing simulator
5.1 Sound system
(56 posts, started )
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I also have a 5.1 sound system, and I also noticed the volume was not very loud from my rear speakers, so I found this panel and turned up the volume for those particular speakers. Try it out, see if it makes a difference.

When I do the rear ones higher, and turn to volume to 0, and turn it up, their all the same again.
Yes I have that same problem, but I don't use the Windows volume control to control my volume, I use the volume control knob on my speakers. That doesn't change the Windows volume slider, so it doesn't reset anything.
#53 - Jakg
Quote from Migz :This is a secret to change the skin of your z5500 pod, when its off press Input + Effect + Settings + Mute at the same time and hold them all for 6 seconds. It should flash and then you get a new skin, the off colour is now a pink instead of red. And the volume bar is replaced with a different kind of volume bar, which gives you more control at lower volumes but less control at higher volumes.

Another advantage - in this mode, it switches between "Effect" modes instantly. I listen to music in "Stereo x2" and then play games in "6ch Direct". To switch between them you need to go through the Dolby ones, which on the standard one takes about .5 seconds to load per mode which makes it a PITA whereas on the "new" mode it goes over straight away.
Logitech uses cheap, low quality drivers. Fail! I like how everyone goes on about the sound quality being so amazing, but then they only talk about "omg the tang-band 10in subwoofer is so awesome when i turn the bass boost up so high that the amplifier is clipping"
Quote from wheel4hummer :Logitech uses cheap, low quality drivers. Fail! I like how everyone goes on about the sound quality being so amazing, but then they only talk about "omg the tang-band 10in subwoofer is so awesome when i turn the bass boost up so high that the amplifier is clipping"

Amen to that

Ive tryed to spread this same message on youtube. Its hilarious how everybody will be ignorant and start ranting on me that im talking trash
Logitech does use cheap chinese TB drivers only to reduce costs. I think My hsu research based dayton elite sub sound better and gives me control over the crossovers and phase to not make the base muddy and overpowering. And to add my self assembled bookshelf drivers on an old sony ported speaker box with their own crossovers. Also to add the tb 871 drivers used do lack mids but can be compensated by putting it inside a better mdf based enclosure and to get better highs maybe add a good tweeter

EDIT: ill post some links to the drivers used in logitech speakers

http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w3-871sc.htm (main drivers)
Don't know which are the drivers for the sub. Can anyone show me the frequency range and the wattage for them?

EDIT-2 Sub size in contrast with my antec 900 adn the front and center with swapped drivers (the right mid had coffee spills )
Attached images
DSCF2915.png
DSCF2916.png

5.1 Sound system
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG