The online racing simulator
RACE OF THE CENTURY!! All of the LFS cars!
I came up with this crazy idea: 20 drivers, each one driving a different LFS car (you cannot choose a car that was already chosen by someone else), at the longest track in LFS: Aston Grand Prix. This would be really crazy, because maybe some people can make a FZR do FO8 times on some tracks, so... IT'LL BE THE BEST EFFING RACE EVER, TO BE HONEST!

Everything you need to know:

Date: 25th July 2009
Track: AS5
Cars: ALL OF THEM
Laps: 28 laps
Traction Control: Not allowed on BF1 (I know it has, I played F1 2006 on PS2), allowed in any other car that may have it, except a Formula Car.

Rules:
  1. All drivers must not drive their cars with a mouse.
  2. Make sure to check the entry list to see if your car was already chosen or not.
  3. No chatting during the race.
  4. If you end up crashing into someone's back, no matter what happened, it's always YOUR fault. NO excuses will be accepted.
  5. ANY AND ALL S2 licensed drivers are allowed to sign up, so don't complain about un-skilled drivers, I know thay lack skill, but they won't learn only by staring at the circuit, will they?
  6. NO cheaters/crashers will be allowed. If you crash someone, you'll only get yourself spectated and will not be allowed to participate in any future events.
  7. There will be 2 mandatory pit windows during the race. Tyre change is REQUIRED, so I recommend you to set "Tyre Change" to "Always" in the F12 menu.
  8. To prevent unfair racing, like XFR's matching FOX's/FO8's, YOU HAVE TO USE THE DEFAULT TARMAC SETUP WITH ALL CARS.
  9. If you can't move, spectate. You can't rejoin once you spectate. Do not chat while spectating, as it disturbs other players.
  10. Above all, HAVE FUN!
Signing up:
  • Racername
  • LFS Licence name
  • Car
(yeah, just that)

Qualifying:

There's no qualifying, grid is random!

Race:

Random grid
28 laps or 1 hour
2 mandatory pitstops
Winner gets automatic entry to the next ROTC. Top TBO racer is automatically entered in the Turbo Sports at Kyoto event.

Entrants list:

UF1:
XFG:
XRG:
LX4:
LX6:
RB4:
FXO:
XRT:
RAC:
FZ5:
UFR:
XFR:
FXR:
XRR:
FZR:
MRT:
FBM:
FOX:
FO8:
BF1:
Quote from Danny LFS :because maybe some people can make a FZR do FO8 times on some tracks

How?

Quote :IT'LL BE THE BEST EFFING RACE EVER, TO BE HONEST!

Why ?

Quote :All drivers must not drive their cars with a mouse.

Why not ?

Quote :If you end up crashing into someone's back, no matter what happened, it's always YOUR fault. NO excuses will be accepted.

So, if I braketest someone on a straight, it will be the fault of the guy behind me ?

Quote :
Winner gets automatic entry to the next ROTC. Top TBO racer is automatically entered in the Turbo Sports at Kyoto event.

What's that btw ?

E : Also :

1) How can an UF1 have a chance against a BF1 ?
2) *cough* *cougg* how can you admin an S2 event not having a license ? *cough* how is that technically possible ? *cough*
3) What happened to this, this, and that... (And I guess I'm still missing some)

So...ummm...how do you decide the winner?

Thats weird.
It's BS|
Me thinks that LFS ppl are getting too bored
I declare this a fail before it even happens....
#8 - STF
lol what a thread.
Why not have 20 races, using every car ?
Keep replays, have some point system, 5-10 lap mayhem races, and run them all in the same day.
I bet that`ll take a while, not an issue if you`re bored though.

Oh.. i just checked lfsworld for ASgp WRs. Seems it`ll take forever, even 5 laps in the damn uf1000 .

It`s just another idea, because.. frankly, seeing the WRs, i can`t see how you match up a car that does 2.05.xx with one that does 4.08.xx .
Winner is, of course, who crosses the finish line first. Winners are by class (STD, TBO, LRF, FWD, GTR, Single Seater).

I only put the UF1 there because I have to put all of the LFS cars in there.

@STF: Hmmm... not a bad idea. 10 races with road cars in 1 day, and 10 races with race cars in the other day. It'll take forever, but I've been ultrabored these days....

SCREW THE OTHER RACES. This one ill be so much better (IMO).
Quote from Danny LFS :Winner is, of course, who crosses the finish line first. Winners are by class (STD, TBO, LRF, FWD, GTR, Single Seater).

There is no "Single Seater" class. None of the cars is on the same level. If you have any half-decent driver drive the cars, they will finish in the order BF1-FO8-FOX-FBM-MRT.

Quote from Danny LFS :SCREW THE OTHER RACES. This one ill be so much better (IMO).

I would love to share your optimism but I can't see this event even happening and if it does happen it will just be a chaos. Sorry.

And why do you have to keep planning S2 events when you don't even have a licence? Doesn't make sense to me.
#11 - VoiD
Add some spice...

all cars have to drive in reverse, except STD/UF1
Quote from VoiD :all cars have to drive in reverse, except STD/UF1

And MRT. :shhh:
Maybe you should make a prequali or something: the fastest guy gets the UF1 and the slowest one drives with BF1 !! That would make it more fair !!11! And **** the random grid, UF1 on pole of course!!11!! And add something special: forced bird view for everyone lol!11!!

Quote from VOiD :all cars have to drive in reverse, except STD/UF1

Great idea +10000000000000 !!1!!!!

I'm soooooooo in, this will be really the RACE OF THE CENTURY!! :smileyrai
#14 - wild
Quote from zeugnimod :And why do you have to keep planning S2 events when you don't even have a licence? Doesn't make sense to me.

That's a really good point, How on earth is he going to be able to manage it?
If you want to make a fair race, then it should be on Blackwood/Fern Bay Rallycross...
hmm... weired... very weired...
Also, your demo. How would you go by organising this?
:doh:
I want to join
Trac will be changed. Each LFS car, by itself on its original unedited lowpoly crap form, at South City Sprint 2 (shortest tarmac track in the game AFAIK), for ultimate mayhem. Who agrees?

(don't think that's possible but...)
How are you planning on admining this race as a demo user?
#22 - VoiD
Quote from Danny LFS :
Rules:

7. There will be 2 mandatory pit windows during the race. Tyre change is REQUIRED, so I recommend you to set "Tyre Change" to "Always" in the F12 menu.

Quote from Danny LFS :Trac will be changed. at South City Sprint 2 (shortest tarmac track in the game AFAIK), for ultimate mayhem.

Ultimate mayhem..? Thats for sure: Gridsize=16, pitsize=0

You realy made my day!
Yup but you know I know its not possible so I'll put them in BL1 with layout in dedi server so there will still be mayhem and I can still put all lfs cars.

anyone in?
Quote from Danny LFS :Yup but you know I know its not possible so I'll put them in BL1 with layout in dedi server so there will still be mayhem and I can still put all lfs cars.

anyone in?

Ramps, cool! Tell me what mushrooms you've been eating, I'd love to get some of those
Quote from Danny LFS :This would be really crazy, because maybe some people can make a FZR do FO8 times on some tracks, so... IT'LL BE THE BEST EFFING RACE EVER, TO BE HONEST!

Tbh, your other leagues aren't bad ideas. I was personally interested in the Turbo Sports at Kyoto and the Pan-Euro XR League

If it's well organized it could be great fun.

But the "Race of the Century" is not going to work....sorry. Before you ask why or even try to defend it. Let me just give you this thought.

Why would anyone want to compete in the UF1 if the UF1 and BF1 are scored together.

In all honesty you and Belgian Starters should focus on more rational events and leagues

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG