The online racing simulator
My Logitech G25 destruction
(34 posts, started )
My Logitech G25 destruction
My comment:
A hammer would have done a better job. You are lucky you did not hurt yourself.
Yes, I know that my handling was a little dangerous, but what was done was done.

And hammer wouldn't have too much different effect, I mean how dangerous is it or so... Actually, I used hammer too. The other side of the meat-chopper is hammer which I used to break shifter.
like i said on LFSd

you suck lol why would u do that im like crying inside since i cant even afford one lol

try to get me a free one
i take it the G25 wasnt in warranty still then, as if it was you shouldnt need to destroy it to get a new one if its broken and still in warranty
#6 - Byku
HOLY F***** S*** I CANT WATCH IT! It is PAINFULL for my eyes... :weeping:... it felt almost like somebody was destroying my wheel.....
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :like i said on LFSd

you suck lol why would u do that im like crying inside since i cant even afford one lol

try to get me a free one

Becouse Logitech will send him a new one only if he destroys this. (It has a broken shifter, pedals as far as i know...)
Only shifter from inside. And they will send it ONLY if this wheel will be - as they said "broken, destroyed". Now only they will judge if it's destroyed enough. If not, I will finish it somehow.
Quote from trebor901 :i take it the G25 wasnt in warranty still then, as if it was you shouldnt need to destroy it to get a new one if its broken and still in warranty

Basically, it still was in warranty, but unfortunately ma dad lost is, same as an email with a note where he bough it (eshop). At 1st I mailed on global Logitech support with my Product ID and Part Number, if they can tell me where was the wheel bought - it would help a lot and in final we would get the warranty paper again. But on Czech Logitech hotline they offered this way, so...

EDIT:
Sorry about double-post.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Only shifter from inside. And they will send it ONLY if this wheel will be - as they said "broken, destroyed". Now only they will judge if it's destroyed enough. If not, I will finish it somehow.

"Destroyed" also includes cutting of USB cable....
Which was done as you can see on the video and the picture.
#12 - STF
i lold.
Should`ve had a longer handle and a helmet, or you know.. the type they use when chopping big trees .
have only cut the cable... keep it, repair it and buy some cable and it works again..., have 2 of this now working
Let's hope Logitec doesn't watch youtube...
Before they confirmed my destroyed G25, they wasn't sure about if it's broken enough, but finally other person there told that it's crashed very well and by the way totman1, no, USB wouldn't be enough, as he said.

Sponge, better read first than post. I can show them the video and nothing will happen - they wanted to destroy it like this, so this only would be as a proove that I really did it or so...
That sound...

:sadbanana
Quote from Drift King CZ :[...]

Sponge, better read first than post. I can show them the video and nothing will happen - they wanted to destroy it like this, so this only would be as a proove that I really did it or so...

Yeah.. srry, i forgot to realize they wanted you to destroy it
New piece is home since today's morning.
that was point less, i think im going to go puke
why u taking it so srious, id find hitting the wheel with a slegehammer alot of fun and also id like to try out what happens when you shoot a wheel with a shotgun if id get a new one for destroying the old one
It's pretty fun to actually destroy things when you are allowed to do it.
I killed my old one with a hammer. The cases are bliddy thick.
I don't get it, why exactly did you have to destroy your wheel? Can someone explain this step by step?
They send replacements for any busted wheels, but they need proof that the wheel is actually broken to stop people just claiming it's broken to get a free one.

It makes me sad too, since I'd love a G25 but can't afford one. I'd even accept a faulty one. Can a sliced USB cable be soldered back together?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG