The online racing simulator
Alias Racing Team Closes
(31 posts, started )
Alias Racing Team Closes
Alias Racing Team Closes as of June 30th, 2009...

1 month before our 2 year birthday, I have decided to close Alias Racing Team, due to lack of interest from our members, to keep the team alive...

5 of us has gone to another racing sim, where I have founded a new team for that...

I have had 2 good years in LFS, but now it is over, at least as my primary racing sim... I might do occational LFS racing, and if i do, i will be driving my Alias skins...

Regards
Team Owner
Alias Racing Team
Franke... Click
Yup. Not surprising but sad.

Good luck for the future
I really didnt expect that, but I guess thats because I dont know Alies that good.

Sad, but thats sim-racing. GL in the future.
More and more people leaving/not interested anymore in LFS.

Hurry up devs....
Another team this week.
Didn't you guys shut down a few weeks ago? Pretty sad, I had my first league racing experiences in the unity league with sweptech when we were backmarkers, (I havent changed though!! )
That other sim better not be iRacing or rFactor
#8 - Gil07
Why?
Crisis causes LFS World too. It's sad that even in this week several teams had closing.
shame, it was a good team.
Shame theres 3 teams this week. Devs killed 3 ducks with 1 stone.
Quote from TexasLTU :Shame theres 3 teams this week. Devs killed 3 ducks with 1 stone.

Sorry to hear about the news too, guys.
Its sad to hear this news

This was my first team good luck whit the new sim franke hope you guys will return some day
Good Luck Frank and Alias. Hope to see you back some time again.
Quote from DevilDare :More and more people leaving/not interested anymore in LFS.

Hurry up devs....

Quote from TexasLTU :Shame theres 3 teams this week. Devs killed 3 ducks with 1 stone.

It's more likely that they've lost interest because of stupid comments like these.
Quote from 510N3D :It's more likely that they've lost interest because of stupid comments like these.

They were not simple Pub racers, they did alot of league racing. Being in 3 seasons of IGTC (and MoE?), as well as many leagues in between, you start to realize there are only so many suitable tracks to race on. The development is an issue, whether people see it that way or not.
I don't disagree. It is getting quite worrying lately. Alot of our team, and others teams who have already closed, have put so much into LFS for the last 6+ years, and if things don't change soon, then I can see more and more people leaving LFS. DAMN YOU DEVS! This is my life
This is what i don't get, some people act as if this is a big company and build up their expectations upon these false impressions. The facts are there, clearly stated within this forum and several interviews with the devs. Development pace is comparatively slow (as the number of devs already should imply) and it's not going to accelerate the further they get but the exact opposite.

Just in case you're planing to use the "nothing really happend over the past few years" argument. Many things have happend, you can read them up with every patch and most of these fixes/issues/addons et cetera take a lot more time and effort than you, me or anyone else that is not directly involved can possible imagine. As far is i do understand the current state of development (correct me if im wrong please), the sim needs to be optimised, rounded up, stabilised and so on which ultimately only is a preparation for further insertions of new content. This is what, besides the information i've got from official sources, common sense is telling me.

Finally, i dare to say that a given percentage of the people that left or even given up on this sim would have done so anyway, regardless of the pace of development. Some will return, some won't but thats not up to the devs entirely but also to them personally. As to that, the group of people that is able to create a game that is satisfying a great number of people over a very long period of time without losing a noticeable number of users in total, should be nominated for the nobel price.

I'm not denying that it's sad and people lose interest but making the dev's responsible for taking care of their real life after such a long time of dedication for their project is pathetic.
If I was a dev and people just sat here and complained (and yes i want new cars too) but considering the game I came from this has a lot more variety not that the othersim wasnt good but it didnt have drift drag cruise ETC ETC! If I was a dev and this many people just trashed my work id just close up shop and take those whom I liked with me so that we had a nice small community. So guys think about the feelings of the devs instead of just blurting out:

"OH WE HAVENT HAD ANYTHING IN ___ YEARS" Ya know have you ever stopped to think about this: Maybe one of the dev's family members has cancer? Maybe they're wife or husband has died. NO OF COURSE YOU GUYS HAVENT!

(Im not saying anything in the above "Oh...havent" is true im just giving examples )

Go devs!
Healty ignorance, trust into your skills, the progression that lies behind & possibly ahead and a good sense of humour is all you really need (i guess).
I am not complaining at all regarding the development speed of LFS. My gripe is with the lack of information regarding it's progress, which I believe has had a negative affect on the community. I totally understand Scawen's reasoning, which he has stated quite clearly, but I urge him to reconsider his view. It seems to me that he has changed the way LFS works fundamentally, to please the wrong people....

I came into playing LFS quite late (4 years ago), but was lucky enough to witness it's evolution from the very beginning (2002), due to my brother and mates. What I saw was a sim developing with the community involved, and it seemed like a new way of doing things. That, in the last year, has been totally dumped in favour of a big game company approach, i.e. we will tell you about what we have done when it's done.

This has, in my opinion, had a tragic effect on the core followers of the LFS "project". The old skoolers who care so much about LFS and have avidly followed it's progress for the last 7 years, are now left with nothing but noobs, cruise servers and drifters posts, and moans about the Shicokko... I would bet a million dollars (if I had it) that most of the old community, who have been around for at least 3 years or so, couldn't give a flying f**k about the scirocco, but care deeply about what Scawen "wants" to do in the future.

This used to be the way LFS worked, but not anymore it seems....

The forum community, as it is now, needs to understand where the thousands of us, who have been around for a long time, are coming from. Show some respect to the Devs and also to the people (hosts, mods, programmers etc) who have made this sim what it is. If you do.... Maybe, just maybe, the Devs will give us back the LFS Project that we all have supported for so long, and stop listening to the pathetic whining little kids that have infected our sim
As much as im trying to understand your point of view, i don't care really because i like the surprise effect. When switching to S2, i wasn't reading anything beforehand but simply installed the patch and got blown away by it the further i've discovered it. It also felt like a completely new game, which is something im expecting to happen with the next major patch (aka stage) as well.

Surely, the decision of the devs is a result of a minority that just ain't got no grasp for this project whatsoever and is moaning like custumers that got conned or even deprived of their money. Why is that? I don't dare to guess really as it would fill pages, i guess. If i remember correctly, when one of the Devs created a thread and stating things reagarding certain things of development, they've had left the thread open where i've personally seen no need to have a discussion about it. Maybe thats just me but this way, they where basically asking for the trolls to leave their caves & cages and spam us with the strangest opinions or whatever.

Of course, negative comments are or should be welcome, as long as they either make sense, are based on facts (et cetera) or a combination of that. Quite the opposite was happening (mostly) and if they, the devs, think that they need to deal with the trolls that way (at the moment) it is only understandable and should be respected but surely it isn't the best method in my opinion.

Quote from jasonmatthews :I am not complaining at all regarding the development speed of LFS. My gripe is with the lack of information regarding it's progress, which I believe has had a negative affect on the community. I totally understand Scawen's reasoning, which he has stated quite clearly, but I urge him to reconsider his view. It seems to me that he has changed the way LFS works fundamentally, to please the wrong people....

I came into playing LFS quite late (4 years ago), but was lucky enough to witness it's evolution from the very beginning (2002), due to my brother and mates. What I saw was a sim developing with the community involved, and it seemed like a new way of doing things. That, in the last year, has been totally dumped in favour of a big game company approach, i.e. we will tell you about what we have done when it's done.

This has, in my opinion, had a tragic effect on the core followers of the LFS "project". The old skoolers who care so much about LFS and have avidly followed it's progress for the last 7 years, are now left with nothing but noobs, cruise servers and drifters posts, and moans about the Shicokko... I would bet a million dollars (if I had it) that most of the old community, who have been around for at least 3 years or so, couldn't give a flying f**k about the scirocco, but care deeply about what Scawen "wants" to do in the future.

This used to be the way LFS worked, but not anymore it seems....

The forum community, as it is now, needs to understand where the thousands of us, who have been around for a long time, are coming from. Show some respect to the Devs and also to the people (hosts, mods, programmers etc) who have made this sim what it is. If you do.... Maybe, just maybe, the Devs will give us back the LFS Project that we all have supported for so long, and stop listening to the pathetic whining little kids that have infected our sim

that was a really good writen post coudnt have statet it bether my self i se in the past years i have been here that the forum og comunity have changed aloot there are more talk now about the devolpent and before there where more talk about the acutall racing and stuff.

Stop taking over treats whit the talk about the development speed, and get back to racing :P
-
(Arni Arnason) DELETED by Arni Arnason

Alias Racing Team Closes
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG