The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 500 : Protests, Penalties and Results
Car 116 N. Scott

Lap 4 turn 1

Hitting me by cutting low and causing a multiple car crash that way.
#3 - J@tko
Quote from Ramses :Car 116 N. Scott

Lap 4 turn 1

Hitting me by cutting low and causing a multiple car crash that way.

He got a D/T for that already IIRC.
-
(z-ro 8) DELETED by dekojester
Lap and Timecode from Official Replay: 3: 13 : 30.000
Cars Involved: 55 and 51 (me)
Brief Description: Just before the last green flag car 55 came from behind touching my rear right almost spinning me and I lost 2 possitions because of this. I already had a talk with him, he excused himself but I'd like to have my position back. I know he didn't mean to spin me but i think he was just a little bit too hasty this time.
1:
Lap and Timecode from Official Replay: lap 21 and time 25:38
Cars Involved: 38
Brief Description: number 38 overtaked me before the green flag.

2:
Lap and Timecode from Official Replay: lap 36 and time 39:57
Cars Involved: 12 and 322 (me)
Brief Description: number 12 closed me too much, I lost the control of my car and I lose 5 positions.
Replay, provisional results, and lapcards are in the OP. You have until Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 23:59:59 UTC to lodge any complaints.

d
Complaint against car 116 for taking me out in turn 3 lap 153.
In my opinion nomatter where i am at the track or turn, the outside car has to look where the inside car is before going low.
Same happen't with this car in lap 202 where he took out M.sutton.
-
(Skydiver173) DELETED by dekojester : NO DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD
Lap 202

Timecode 2:34:12

Cars : 116 N. Scott, 322 R. Biasco, 888 K. Myers

After we get round turn 3 I catch a little bit of draft from 116 and then even more draft from 322. 116 tries to move out from behind 322 but I have already started to come down the left-hand side of 116. Contact is made with me which results in my DNF.
Thank you to all for these protests, keep them coming.

I'll be personally reviewing everyone's race, one by one, and looking for things that transgress our posted rules that apply for this event that may be found here for the event regulations: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=84621&d=1242743768 and here for the NDR Sporting Code: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=81783&d=1239164667

The Event rulebook states that the Sporting Code also applies, so there is no excuse for not knowing what it contains. These two documents are what we use as guidelines for making our decisions. I don't care whether they're "The Right Way of Doing Things" or not. We can try to sort that out and come to a common ground for next year. We deal with what we have now for this year. Deal with it.

End of discussion in this matter.
Race Administration are in the process of reviewing all drivers races. We have split the task up amosgst ourselves, and we will meet to discuss severe incidents that we elect to investigate later this week. We will be noting down any incident that occurs with any driver. We may or may not elect to fully investigate any of these. Remember, you may still submit protests up until the deadline.

The OP will have a list of drivers who we have certified had no problems or are not going to be investigated. This list will be car numbers only.

d
Quote from J@tko :He got a D/T for that already IIRC.

After looking at the replay, I would like to ask the admins review their means of review. The car under me was in the 3rd lane, and we were 4 wide... I couldn't just run into the car on the outside. Even the broadcasters didn't point out that the initial contact was with me...

I even had 3 guys in vent telling me that the guy stayed too high and that I wouldn't be getting a penalty... Low and behold, I got one.
Quote from BigTime :After looking at the replay, I would like to ask the admins review their means of review. The car under me was in the 3rd lane, and we were 4 wide... I couldn't just run into the car on the outside. Even the broadcasters didn't point out that the initial contact was with me...

I even had 3 guys in vent telling me that the guy stayed too high and that I wouldn't be getting a penalty... Low and behold, I got one.

We will review this to see if this was the correct decision in-race.

d
#13 - Ori
Quote from Kid222 :I am sorry for this, especially to number 85, which was taken out by me, but the cause was my internet. My ping raised momentarily to heaven (over 1500) and i couldn't see anyone for a while. I had no bad intention in this and i tried to stay off the line and let everyone past me, but this happened.
I want to apologize, i was considering going to spectate, but it calmed down after a while.

lap(s): 125 - 130
car(s): 08, 51, 085, 80

First of all you were everything but off the line.

Second: if you have so big problems with your internet you not only are to stay outside, you even are to stop and see if either you can go on again or leave.

Third: after crashing 51 maska you already should have at least driven outside and that as safely as possible. instead you give 085 seal a crash. there you already should have been behaving properly and leaving the others alone but instead you give it another shot and crash me. all this you do although you were lucky enough to have the SC out and enough time to wait and see how you connection state develops.
Quote from ronaldnl :Complaint against car 116 for taking me out in turn 3 lap 153.
In my opinion nomatter where i am at the track or turn, the outside car has to look where the inside car is before going low.
Same happen't with this car in lap 202 where he took out M.sutton.

After careful and long review of the incident on System Lap 153 of 270 in the 2009 Kyoto 500, the administration has come to the following conclusion:

The incident involving cars 116 and 123 is deemed a RACING INCIDENT.

We make this decision considering the following factors:

Car 123 was holding a line in the third lane, but steering input and projected line was going to run higher later in the corner.

Car 116, from (add-inedit for clarification: Our look via mirrors, Car 116 did not show signs of lookleft) looking via mirrors, and looking left, would have seen what appeared to be Car 123 moving to the second lane, not staying in the third lane, therefore causing Car 116 to turn as he did. We note that Car 123 is starting to slide up in the lane moments before contact is made. The entire situation assessment time and reaction time available was approximately .3 of a second. We do not see any intention of Car 116 attempting to take out Car 123, we deem this as simply a misjudgment.

We do understand that Car 123 had sufficient overlap to hold his line, but we do also understand where Car 116 would have thought the chosen line was lower.

However, another factor into this decision were the occurrences from Lap 148 up until this incident.

On Lap 148, between Turns 1 and 2, Car 123 moves from Lane 2 to Lane 4 to Lane 3 to Lane 4 before turn 2. This is considered excessive blocking by 123.

On Lap 149, entering Turn 1, Cars 808 and 123 move inside of 116 to overtake. 116 and 808 make contact, Car 116 walks up the hill. Cars 123 and 116 make contact side-to-side for much of the straight between turns 1 and 2. This incident is also deemed a racing incident, but Car 808 should have left more space, because there was no intention shown of 123 overtaking inside, so there is no need seen to have stayed as high as was stayed.

We also consider the forces exerted on the cars in the Lap 153 incident. We see a higher than normal amount of force from 116, whereas we see a slightly lesser amount of force from Car 123. We take this as a sign of two things: Car 116 is exerting extra steering input to make the turn, or the car has lost some grip.

We saw more physical contact aggression from Cars 808 and 123 than from 116, and the first contact was a direct result of actions taken by the two Fragmaster cars.

In summary, both cars actions are deemed to have both played a significant role in the incident. Car 123 had plenty of room inside, but Car 116 should have taken a bit more care before turning in. Every administrator who reviewed this incident states that they would have turned in as Car 116 did in that case.

For the avoidable contact on the straight between Turn 1 and Turn 2 on the 149th lap, both drivers of Cars 116 and 123 are being placed on NDR Probation for the next 6 months, effective from the date of this posting. Please see the NDR sporting code for details on what Probation is. We do not tolerate unnecessary contact of the type we saw at this point, as well as the coinciding behavior, hence the probation.
We are continuing to review all driver's races, and expect to have responses to the other protests done within one week. We also hope to have the results made official in the same time period.

Also: Please use the Race Discussion thread for any discussion about these protests and penalties.
This thread is closed

2009 Kyoto 500 : Protests, Penalties and Results
(15 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG